• Register Today It's free!

using 84 bronco parts for lift

explrig91

Reaction score
City, State
pottsville, pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 xlt
i have a 91 explorer that i wanna evantually give a SAS, but until i fing the right front axel i want to run with and get everything i need meaning all new parts its gonna be some time so until then i have thought of a way to lift it for dirt cheap. In my back yard sits my 84 bronco that had a 351W and a 2.5inch lift wit 33's on it. I was snoopin around it today and took notice to the radius arm brackets are about 6 to 8 inches longer than a stock x bracket. So all i would really need to do is find longer hinge points. I went to my local A&A auto store that sells all kinds of lifts and parts for lifts n only found a skyjacker 8" lift but won't seperate the parts from the package. I was looking at the ones on my bronco and am very skeptical about if they would fit or not due to a different crossmember set up. I have the coil springs from a 79 f150 that had a 400M in it. I did the math and compared it to a 6inch lift coil spring for an X and found it would give me roughly 8 inches of lift takin in consideration of the lbs per inch ratio of the springs. So wat i want to kno is if neone knows for sure if those center hinges from my 84 bronco would sum how fit my X?? The rear i have covered, i am gonna swap out the X rear which is a spring under for a same year ranger rear which we all kno is a spring over and throw 4.88s in both pumpkins and weld the rear. So if neone can git back to me bout those center hinge points i would appreciate that big time before i go rippin **** off each truck n waste my time and patience.

The 84 Bronco has the D44 TTB front axle?
Not easy to fit under the Ex but can be done........

Let us know

Back