• Register Today It's free!

Vroom, Will these wheels fit?

ornithology

Reaction score
City, State
Vancouver, BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 X Sport2dr 4.0 V6 XLT
Hi guys, I own a 2003 Ford Explorer Sport 4WD V6. I've been contemplating on getting those Cobra R Replica's, but they are quite expensive for my college ass budget! So I've been looking around for some cheap new/ used rims. I came across these rims called "Maxxim Wonders". They yield the similar specs as the Cobra R's and they are quite nice! I was just wondering if these will fit my explorer?

http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w329/kurvam/MAXXIM-WONDER-SPEC.jpg

The rims are 18x8.5 although the width is 8J (what's that mean?). Offset is 15mm. 5x114.3. Seller claims it to fit the Ford Mustang, the Nissan 350z, and the Infiniti G35 coupe.

Also wondering if they will be strong enough for my truck? I mean Cobra R's were meant for sedans right but a lot of people are using them on their exploders.

Thanks in advance! I pm'd jtsmith and James for responses too! I'll post once I get em for future reference. Cheers guys,:salute:

Aaron

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Awww 21 views and no answer :(

they should fit fine if your at stock right height

Just received them today, they are SOOO sexy. Will post pics when done.

What tires are you putting on them? They are very nice wheels by the way!

I bought some 255/55/18 Continental 4x4's for it. Just waiting to get my audio system in, lower ball joints in, before I go for an alignment and camber adjusters.

Sweet! Awaiting pics! :) What audio system are you building?

Sweet! Awaiting pics! :) What audio system are you building?

Just a simple system. Aznboi suggested a kenwood amp and Tang and Band sub. Trying to look around for a good deal and gotta get a box built to fit inside my passenger rear panel.

Pics are up in my Explorer registry. I think I linked it correctly in my sig...

Okay...so why doesn't my sig show up?

Edit...okay so I guess the sig doesn't update all my previous posts....

Back