what wheels and tire should I get? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

what wheels and tire should I get?

02exps4x4

Reaction score
City, State
georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 explorer sport 4x4
I currently have the stock 235/70/r16s on stock plasti dipped 16s my sport with shackles and tt twist, 3.73 gears. Hope to get add a leaf soon. I want some low budget tires at least and maybe wheels. Looking at 31s and 32s mostly. What size, tires, and wheels should I get? oh, and they need to be good both on and off road. Thanks!

My truck as of now-

https://mail-attachment.googleuserc...382654930627&sads=7t1MjIeZLqesSFen78kSAT4JAGc

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hit up Craig's list constantly I just got 4 bfg all teraines for under $200 32x11.5 so far I love them on and off road probly the best bang for the buck

Btw your pic didnt load

yea ive been looking at craigslist alot, seems like most the tire are worn or from a dealer who has a broad ad all tires. Looking at jeep wheels and tires.

I search 5x4.5 usually or what ever lug pattern I'm lookin for

I've used and liked the BFG A/T's before, but am currently on a set of Nitto Terragrapplers and like them more. I found the tread life of the Nitto's to be better, possibly in part due to that I run a 265/50R20 (30.5 x 10.75) and my BFG's were 30 x 9.50. I find the Nitto's to be quite off-road worthy, but are still great on the highway too, and fairly quiet. Between the two, I found the BFG's to offer better winter traction, however.

Back