• Register Today It's free!

Wheel well trimming?

paulballer

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004, XLS, 2WD
Just wanted to see if anyone knew if you could trim the metal corners of the front and rear wheel wells. I just wang to clear up some space for 33's and have enough room to flex and articulate offroad. If anyone knows if these are pinch welded corners or just metal that I could chop off, that would be much appreciated.

20220327_190025.jpg 20220327_183930.jpg 20220327_184000(0).jpg

Just wanted to see if anyone knew if you could trim the metal corners of the front and rear wheel wells. I just wang to clear up some space for 33's and have enough room to flex and articulate offroad. If anyone knows if these are pinch welded corners or just metal that I could chop off, that would be much appreciated.

View attachment 427906 View attachment 427907 View attachment 427908
Kind of hard to see what those pictures are of but these are solid frame vehicles so you should be able to trim to your hearts content and not really affect to much

Kind of hard to see what those pictures are of but these are solid frame vehicles so you should be able to trim to your hearts content and not really affect to much
These two pictures are from the rear corner on my front wheel well and the front corner on my rear wheel well. I do think the front I can just chop away but I was a little considered that the rear corner is a pinch weld that may let water and dirt into the cab if I chop it up. Thank you for the response and any help.

These two pictures are from the rear corner on my front wheel well and the front corner on my rear wheel well. I do think the front I can just chop away but I was a little considered that the rear corner is a pinch weld that may let water and dirt into the cab if I chop it up. Thank you for the response and any help.
Ah I getcha now sorry about that. In the rear where it’s folded the 2 sides are spot welded together so you should be able to trim some away, not sure how much before it’ll begin to split open I’d guess you’ll be able to take atleast 1/4-1/2 before dealing with any of that. That area also has a ton of seam sealer from the factory so if you do happen to open up a gap or two you could easily get a tube of seam sealer and close it off no biggie

Back