Where can I buy a power door lock switch? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where can I buy a power door lock switch?

joshhemming

Reaction score
City, State
El Paso
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Aerostar 2wd 3.0L
The master switch will lock and unlock the passenger side door but the switch on the passenger door won't work at all. I need to check voltages and continuity just to verify but the passenger switch is a likely suspect.

I've tried Autozone, O'Reillys, Ebay and Switch Doctor....neither has the red and blue switch for 93 Aerostars. Any ideas besides the overpriced Ford dealer?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just checked Rock Auto.....they have the front left (master) for $33 but not the passenger door switch.

Ford part # F69Z14028AA. No longer available for purchase from anywhere. I remember your post about the window switch not working.

i bought mine on ebay.don't buy used ones.ford seems to have lots of them go bad.

The problem is they're not showing up on Ebay very much anymore. You're right about them going bad a lot; I'm reluctant to buy used ones but that's looking like my only recourse. We've got a Pull-a-Part yard here so maybe I'll get a few in hopes one will still work. Or take my ohm meter with me to test them.

Partstrain doesn't have
  • F69Z14028AA

Have you taken the door switch apart. When I had a problem with my driver door lock I thought it was 1 peice. Then I undid the screws on the back and found the window and door lock are 2 separate units. I forgot what they look like but why can't the window switch be made to fit. The lock is a 3 wire switch pink brown and black. If your just looking to unlock from the outside. My earlier posting is about an $10.40 universal remote. I bought this kit from eBay another member I beleive used it also he asked me for the information. For the price you can't beat it a head unit 2 key fobs batteries. It does locks,Windows,alarm,lights and if you have air locks or suspension. Instructions in English a little confusing if you never did electric. 5 drawing on instructions. $10.40 even if you use it for other functions the price is to good to pass up

" the window and door lock are 2 separate units. I forgot what they look like but why can't the window switch be made to fit. The lock is a 3 wire switch pink brown and black. If your just looking to unlock from the outside."

Unlocking from the outside is not a problem, nor is locking/unlocking the passenger door from the left/master switch. I just want it working so the passenger can lock/unlock their own door from the inside.

I don't think substituting a window switch for the door lock switch is feasible. The jacks on the back are different. I'll take my chances at Pull-a-Part. I just hope I can avoid the rattlesnakes, which like to make their home in vehicle carcusses.

Back