• Register Today It's free!

Where to get running boards?

guccisock

Reaction score
City, State
florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 eddie bauer
Hey guys, I've looked all over and called tons of junk yards trying to find these.

My explorer didn't come with running boards from the factory--I want to find some for it. I don't want some aftermarket boards--I want the original two tone (tan and black) boards that come on the Eddie Bauers from the factory.

I can buy them from Ford but they're outrageous. Plus, I'd still have to paint them because they'd come primered blue to match my explorer. So, I'd have the paint the blue part tan in order to have what I want.

The stock running boards for the 02 eddie bauer is tan but when you look at them you mostly see black because most of the board is covered by the black ridged part that you step on. Still, the tan part that does show makes it blend in really nice with the tan trim that the eddie bauers have.

So, I'm probably going have to find these in a junk yard somewhere. I've called literally hundreds of junk yards and used those online part searchers that supposedly submits your request to lots of salvage yards, but I haven't had any luck yet. I've left my number with the places but I'm sure most of them lost it after a day or two--they just don't care. For the few places that did have running boards on an 02 explorer eddie bauer, they weren't stock--they'd be some aftermarket type of board :(

If you any of you can recommend a site or provide a name and address or phone number of some big salvage yards I would greatly appreciate it! I'm in Nashville, Tennessee so something in the south would be great but I would buy them from the west coast or wherever if I can find them. I'm willing to pay a finder's fee too!!! If you can point me in the direction of a a salvage yard that actually has these running boards and I'm able to get them (call and get them ordered before someone else steals them) I would be willing to pay a reward!!!!

Thanks in advance!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well that one #board looks similar to the stock board I want, but I'm still holding out to find one in a salvage yard...that way, no painting involved.

Thanks for the info though!

Have you tried ebay?? Alot of explorer parts show up on there.

Try ebay. i got a pair of MAAP chrome 4 door step bars brand new for $160. good luck

yep

Oh yeah, been looking on ebay every day for about 3 months now...no luck.

I've seen lots of running boards for explorers, but all aftermarket stuff :(

My friend removed his from a sport track 2002 he does not like it. Maybe he will sell it... I can ask him... Interested?

Back