Where's the best place for my tweeters? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where's the best place for my tweeters?

mrsteve

Reaction score
City, State
Silver Spring, Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT
I just ordered an Infinity component set and I am wondering where to mount the tweeters. I am not using kick panel pods nor am I going to mount the tweeters behind the speaker grille along with the mid range. I was thinking the A-pillar?? Will it fit??

When I had my system installed, we put some velcro in some different spots and moved the tweeters around to see where they sounded the best. The best location was in the dash. We flush mounted them using an angled die grinder, so we didn't have to remove and disassemble the dash.

peace

Mike

I have an Infinity Kappa component set. I flush mounted the tweeters just above the window /lock controls in the door panels. The crossovers are mounted behind the door panels.
Seems to work good. Looks good.

It REALLY depends on how "bright" the tweeters are. Mine, being Boston's are especially "bright". Brightness refers to how sharp the sound is reproduced. Bright tweeters will sound harsh if not properly positioned whereas "silky" tweeters will sound muffled or muddy. I placed mine on the A-Posts about 3 inches up from the dash facing the front window. This gives me excellent imaging, or placement of the sound. The glass acts like a baffle, refracting the sound back at me. Thats where I would mount them if thier bright. If there silky, on the upper part of the door facing the center would be better. Make sure the tweeters are mounted in the exact same place on both sides of the car or you will seem out of balance. Crossovers can be hidden in the doors or outer parts of the dash.

Back