Will 4th gen side mirrors fit on 3rd Gen? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will 4th gen side mirrors fit on 3rd Gen?

mwant0276

Reaction score
City, State
Woodland, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 LTD v8
I decided i really like the squarish side mirrors on the newer exp's and was wondering if anyone has ever tried swapping them or if it can be done. I have an 02 explorer limited with the heated mirrors

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes they will. Might have some for sale if my car gets totaled. Search for my thread labeled updated pics for pictures.

I decided i really like the squarish side mirrors on the newer exp's and was wondering if anyone has ever tried swapping them or if it can be done. I have an 02 explorer limited with the heated mirrors

Yes they will. Here's my Ex with 4th gen mirrors. I actually do have a write up on how to install the mirrors. Let me re-post the pics and then I will post up the link to the How To thread.

1.jpg

4th Gen/General Mirror Installation on 3rd Gen

yes, and they look amazing.

yea there so much better then the 3rd gen mirrers. cant wait to get mine

has anyone tried the replacement ones they sell on ebay for around 40 buck? wondering if they are complete junk or not

I know this works for the puddle lamps, but If I bought heated illuminated mirrors would the wiring already be there? I currently have just power mirrors, no heat or lights.

I believe every explorer is wired for heated mirrors. Mwant0276- the cheap ebay ones work fine. I'm using an ebay one for my passenger side.
Posted via Mobile Device

It just runs off of the rear defrost button right? I could just pull the panel off and check for power on the wires in the harness for the mirrors. 4th gen mirrors is something i've been wanting to do since someone decided to break my mirrors off for no apparent reason. Now they just barely move with the power function. You gotta move them with your fingers old school style.

Yeah thats how it should work, off of the defrost button.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back