Will Spoiler for a 2005 fit a 2008? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will Spoiler for a 2005 fit a 2008?

Chris K.

Reaction score
City, State
Gotham City, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Mountaineer
I have a 2008 Mountaineer and have been considering two spoiler options. One is the Wings West W-Type made for 2002-2005 Explorers and the other is the Lincoln factory model made for 2003-2005 Aviator Kitty Hawk Editions.

Both mount to the top of the tailgate. Besides the hole locations and body fit, I'm also concerned with the tailgate glass hitting the spoiler when open and the wing on the tailgate hitting the roof or luggage rack when open.

Has anyone tried either of these options?

TIA,
Chris

I have a 2008 Mountaineer and have been considering two spoiler options. One is the Wings West W-Type made for 2002-2005 Explorers and the other is the Lincoln factory model made for 2003-2005 Aviator Kitty Hawk Editions.

Both mount to the top of the tailgate. Besides the hole locations and body fit, I'm also concerned with the tailgate glass hitting the spoiler when open and the wing on the tailgate hitting the roof or luggage rack when open.

Has anyone tried either of these options?

TIA,
Chris

I haven't tried this, but in my personal opinion, I think it would fit....why not the ex, mountaineer are pretty much the same suv minus the small cosmetic differences. the top should be the same shape and size as the ex and aviator.

I don't think the issue is mountaineer vs explorer, i believe the concern would be the 3rd Generation (02-05) vs 06+. good point on the glass, they changed the way the glass hatch opens, that would be my concern. good luck, let us know how things go.

The 02-05 ex is the same basic body as the 06-08 minus some cosmetic differences. The brake lights off a 07 ex will fit a 02 ex...the 02-08 merc is the same basic body as well the top will mesure the same on your merc as it will on my 06 ex or my neighbors 02 ex...Check out this link and scroll to the 9th vehicle http://images.google.com/imgres?img...mountaineer&start=20&gbv=2&ndsp=20&hl=en&sa=N

and this link.........this one has 2 seperate designs. Hope this helps
http://www.wooddashexperts.com/customer/home.php?cat=5121

Back