Window keeps coming off of track - what glue to use? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Window keeps coming off of track - what glue to use?

spta97

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
NY, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 5.0 AWD
My driver's side window has never worked too smoothly and now for the 2nd time it has come off of the track. I noticed that the problem is the front part of the window is coming out of the clip that is attached to the motor arm. The factory had glued it there and I tried putting goop in it the last time but it does not seem to hold it.

What type of glue should I use to keep the window held onto the metal clip on the arm?

Thanks..

Strongest glue you can find I suppose. Look into getting that glue that has the two seperate chemicals seperated and then when you squeeze the bottle they both come out and make one heck of a bond. That's a good place to start

-Drew

ExplorerDMB said:
Strongest glue you can find I suppose. Look into getting that glue that has the two seperate chemicals seperated and then when you squeeze the bottle they both come out and make one heck of a bond. That's a good place to start

-Drew

Epoxy huh? Good idea. I guess one of the problems with my previous glue job is it was so cold out I don't know if it actually fully cured.

Back