Wire a 2,000 watt 4 channel amp to 4 500 watt 8ohm Voice speakers? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wire a 2,000 watt 4 channel amp to 4 500 watt 8ohm Voice speakers?

Shaun123

Reaction score
City, State
San Antonio, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT SOHC V6 4.0 RWD
I need to know what would be the best way to wire up my audiopipe AP-2004 (4 channel 2000watt) Amp with my 4 8" Low / Mid Frequency Loudspeaker 8ohm 500 watt speakers
i read alot online before asking around but i want it done right the first time and i cant find a similar setup normally my other systems i had i would just connect them and not worry about it.
i allso have a Clarion EQS746 7-Band Graphic Equalizer
-------------------------
8" Low / Mid Frequency Loudspeaker
Size 8”
Power (P.M.P.O) 500 Watts
Power (R.M.S) 250 Watts
Frequency Resp. 65-6.000Hz
Sensitivity 95dB
Voice Coil 2“ Til
Mounting Depth 93mm (3.66”)
Impedance 8 Ohms
Magnet 35 Oz
-----------------------------
Class AB Power Amplifier
• Built-in Variable High Pass & Low Pass Crossover
• RCA Line Input/Output Jacks
• Electronic Protection Circuitry to protect the amplifier
from short circuit, DC Offset & Thermal Overload
Share |
AP-2004
Channels 4 Ch Class AB
Power (P.M.P.O) 2000 Watts
Power (R.M.S) S 4 Ch-100W x 4@4Ω
S 4 Ch-115W x 2@2Ω
B 1 Ch-230W x 2@4Ω
Frequency Resp. 20Hz - 20KHz
S/N Ratio 95dB
Bass Boost 0-18dB @ 45Hz
Input Sensitivity 0.25V - 5V
Speaker Impedance 2Ω to 4Ω
Total Harmonic Dist <0.05%
Dimension (LxWxH) 384x176x55
--------------------------------------
http://www.audiopipe.com/products/loudspeakers/apmb/apmb-8bt.html

http://www.audiopipe.com/products/amplifiers/ap/ap-2004.html

http://www.clarion.com/us/en/produc...es/EQS746/us-en-product-pf_1259559424832.html

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

soemone told me this would be the best way but i want more opinions

Attachments

• 4SVC_8-ohm_4ch.jpg
    4SVC_8-ohm_4ch.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 8,960

That is how you want to do it..

You want to run a pair of 8 ohm speakers in parallel to make it look like a 4 ohm load. You will do that twice. Now eash "set" of speakers goes to a bridged channel on the amp.

However, You will end up clipping easily.

That amp is only going to give you 230 watts to each bridged channel (@ 4 ohms) That means each speaker is really only going to get about 115 watts. Under powering speakers is far worse than over powering. When they are under powered you end up clipping early and you don't always hear it. Neither is good, but clipping IMHO is worse.

Personally, I'd get a bigger amp or run two 2 channel amps and bridge them. Either way, I'd aim to get at least 250 to each speaker which means if your going to run those speakers in parallel to get the impedence down to 4 ohms you want 500 watts rms from the bridged channel.

If you can afford it, I'd go with a slightly bigger amp as you can adjust the gain to keep the power more where it should be. That way you won't be clipping the signal to the speakers.

~Mark

i just baught the amp online would cost too much to return it and im out of money if that would underpower the speakers is there a way where i can run only 2 speakers on the amp and then save the other 2 till i buy a NEW AMP

i allso have 2) AUDIOPIPE ATX-3720 3.75" 300W Car Titanium Tweeters

I can't see any wiring configuration to use with those speakers and that amp to give you more power to the speakers..

You can use that amp, just don't expect the speakers to play loud. If you turn up the gain on the amp so the speakers sound loud enough you will most likely be clipping when you turn up volume.

The trick is to get the gain set so you get as much volume (clean power/sound) when you have the system turned up without clipping.

Mixing any of the other speakers so you can run in 3 channel mode will just make things worse.

~Mark

Back