• Register Today It's free!

Your opinions

Treleaven

Reaction score
City, State
Edmonton, Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 XL
I found a Probe at the wreckers that looks to be 2 1/4 muffler piping, and seeing I wanted a quiet but beefy exhaust I decided to go with the dual in single out as opposed to true duals. My question is, would I be a poser or a fake for putting dual side exit or rear exit tips on a 4.0L explorer? All of my previous cars have been modified imports and I know there are some things you just don't do like dual exhaust on a 4 banger.

This image is supposed to help show what I found
exhaust.jpg

1. What the exhaust tip looks like right now
2. Transform it to dual side exit exhaust infront of rear tires
3. Transform it to dual straight back rear exhaust
4. Transform it to dual side exit exhaust behind rear

What do you think? I feel like a Picaso at the moment.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

lots of guys on here have exhaust like that ,, it's cool,,
will sound a bit better too ,

I know there are some things you just don't do like dual exhaust on a 4 banger.

lol funny u should say that. my friend jay has a 2.5L 4 cyl altima and he wanted an exhaust system but he hates that folgers coffe can looking fart can most ricers have so he decided to go......extreme. he put on dual exhaust with 4 total exhaust tips kinda like what youve got in ur pic coming out the back and for mufflers he used dual flowmaster 40s. lmao crazy right? surprisingly it does sound pretty good. about as good as you can make a 4 banger sound.

haha nice, those Altimas can go pretty good to. Yeah there are a couple people here in Edmonton who have done some pretty outrageous exhausts, like side exits with fart cans on old pathfinders and such

lmao silly stuff. meh my 5.0 X has his beat all day long. but he wont give up he always wants to race...i beat him stock for stock so he got an intake. i beat him again he got his exhaust. i beat him again and he got a shift kit and a body kit high dollar plugs and plug wires....he actually almost kept even with me for a sec....now i have my intake and exhaust and tomorrow my programmer is going to arrive. by this point he has given up and he got a bike lmao guess thats one way to beat me.

My other ride is an 02 Mustang GT Vert, slightly warmed over. I give no respect to anyone with a resonator, (non)sponsorship decals, or anything made to look like it does something it does not. Keep it real.

I make a point of embarassing V6 stangs riced to look like GT's. It only takes a few seconds of my time...

Its a good thing I am not driving a V6 stang then eh! The reason I thought it would be allowed when it comes to SUV's is because its obviously just to make it look better, I know I didn't buy an Explorer to race everything on the road, just to pass the cars who slide in the ditch.

Its a good thing I am not driving a V6 stang then eh! The reason I thought it would be allowed when it comes to SUV's is because its obviously just to make it look better, I know I didn't buy an Explorer to race everything on the road, just to pass the cars who slide in the ditch.

That's why I bought mine too! :)

The Deerfoot is no fun this time of year, especially heading off to Red Deer or maybe even further north. ;)

If you are doing it purely for the custom look, then great. A well done custom ride is always great to see.

Outstanding, that is exactly what I was looking for, the go ahead from the Anti-rice American Muscle community. Now the hard part is to decide how to have it(side or rear exit). Feel free to incorporate skillful drawings as I have if you have a different idea.

Outstanding, that is exactly what I was looking for, the go ahead from the Anti-rice American Muscle community. Now the hard part is to decide how to have it(side or rear exit). Feel free to incorporate skillful drawings as I have if you have a different idea.

My choice would be your #1 drawing - dual twin exits at the rear. Much like what the BMW SUV has. Are you going to use 1 or 2 mufflers? Borla or Flowmaster would add a nice note to the sound. Don't go big on the pipe diameter, it will not sound good.

The number 1 drawing is what it looks like now, for me to make it fit and look good I would have to use the number 3 drawing. Like I said, I want to keep it quiet but beefy so I am just using a dual in single out muffler, probably a Magnaflow

Back