(MPGs) Hydro 4000 / Fitch fuel catalyst. Truth or hype? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

(MPGs) Hydro 4000 / Fitch fuel catalyst. Truth or hype?

local7teener

Reaction score
City, State
Chesterfield, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 mountaineer v8
First off i'm not sure where to put this thread to so feel free to move it.

Any way, to the topic at hand. I was watching my local news and they ran a bit on the hyrdo 4000. Watch the video here, it explains what it is.

http://www.wxyz.com

Now heres the link to the companys site.

http://www.hydro4000.com/

The gas mileage increases are ridiculous. Does this really work, is it worth the 1200 bucks, does it trash your engine??? I've heard very little on this before so i'd like to see if anyone has some info. This is a tax write off though.

Also on the topic of mpgs.. The fitch fuel catalyst claims 1 - 3mpgs for less than 200 bucks, Again does it really work?? worth the price? dammage?

http://www.fitchfuelcatalyst.com/

I'm sure gas is kiling all of us, hope this gets some press maybe it can help us.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

interesting. I'd like to see one of the members here try it out (aldive?) and get a real testimonial - explorer specific.

interesting. I'd like to see one of the members here try it out (aldive?) and get a real testimonial - explorer specific.

I tried to order the Fitch but they are out of stock for the Explorer.

I don't think the fitch catalyst does qualify. The hyrdo is supposed to reduce emissions as well as increase fuel mileage. The Fitch increases the octane lost. i guess so i don't see how that would decrease emissions.

The Hydro 4000 appears to be an HHO generator. There has been threads here on those and they can be built a lot cheaper than the cost of this unit.

I think the technology is sound.

I have been considering building one to see how much I could improve mileage, but haven't gotten around to it.

It's an interesting concept.

Ok my Ideal Car, an explorer with Bio Diesel Motor, the HHO Kit and this new4k kit, can you image the mileage you would get! lol that would be putting it to the oil companies!

Prius/Fit with HHO kit

Hmmm

Pretty amazing claims, eh?

the video that automatically starts playn on the hydro 4000 website says that their news vehicle which was a durango, went from 9 mpg to like 23 mpg...that seems a little to good to be true....there has to be a con...

the video that automatically starts playn on the hydro 4000 website says that their news vehicle which was a durango, went from 9 mpg to like 23 mpg...that seems a little to good to be true....there has to be a con...

lol. 9 miles in city to 23 miles on the highway... sounds about right i'd say. they aren't "technically" lying, but they aren't specifying what TYPE of mileage it is either.

HHO is the next revolution. It has been around for a while, but oil companies don't want to show you the real alternatives. Ethanol is a piece of C***, it is more expensive to make and is less efficient. HOwever biodiesel is another good alternative, but i have yet to see a powerstroke in an explorer and probably never will see one. I really want to test this on my explorer and am currently working on it using a weedwacker motor. It definately works, but like that video showed the moisture can kill your motor. It is kind of cool that you can make fuel out of water. There is a guy on youtube that has made a motor out of purely HHO. really interesting stuff, you can spend hours looking at it all. He has also made a HHO welder that is pretty cool. I forget the specs, but it is really cool. HHO is just the electrolysis of water.

...He has also made a HHO welder that is pretty cool. I forget the specs, but it is really cool. HHO is just the electrolysis of water.

The down side is that the welder costs $7000 and weighs 160 pounds! :eek:

http://www.hytechapps.com/

From their website:

Aquygen™ is a novel gas made from ordinary water through our patented electrolysis process. It replaces oxyacetylene for most brazing, soldering, and cutting applications with superior efficiency, quality, cost-effectiveness, and safety without the need to replace existing equipment. An Aquygen™ flame in open air burns at only 259° F, but applied to a substrate it can produce temperatures of over 10,000° F depending on the target media.

Also:
Aquygen™, also known as HHO gas, is already providing value in commercial use for: Fusing, Brazing, Soldering, and Cutting. Our H2O 1500 Aquygen™ Gas Generator produces the gas from water in a uniform, consistent flow. It can be used to fuse pieces of aluminum and other metals or to braze faster than traditional two-gas methods while requiring only one gas. Steel cutting is more fuel-efficient and 30% faster than traditional methods. Aquygen™ has numerous advantages over oxyacetylene, including improved safety and versatility in working with multiple materials. It even makes possible new artistic techniques.

Wondering when someone will finally put a hydrogen-powered car on the road? We've done it twice. As seen on Fox news and CNN, our patent-pending Hybrid Hydrogen Oxygen System (HHOS) generates Aquygen™ gas as you drive, typically enhancing the fuel-efficiency of a traditional gasoline or diesel engine 20-30%.

yeah, i didn't say there weren't negatives, but that is pretty sweet. I think the welder can cut through 1/2" plate, i thought i saw that on the website also, but i might be wrong.

I was reading the Aquygen site, they say they have a 98 ranger with the kit installed.

What kind of damage do you think that could do to the motor when you shut it off and leave water in the cylinders?

So whos gonna try it first!?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So whos gonna try it first!?

its still new to the public...if i had the money i'd still wait a bit just to see if any horror stories start to pop up...

Back