I <3 duckbills! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I <3 duckbills!

Have a windshield visor on your explorer/ranger/broncoII? So do I! Even amidst all the scrutiny for having it on my truck I still like the look it gives my explorer. I admit though, they do look horrible on some vehicles, but hey.. to each their own. There are lots of styles for various years/models, so post them up! Have some duckbill pride!

100_0527.jpg

100_0326.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have always thought they were ok looking on some vehicles.

However i could never have one on my explorer. It would get ripped off to easy

i hinted at the idea like 6 years ago.. and for my birthday i got a receipt from a local aftermarket parts installer where my parents ordered the visor, stole the paint code from my truck and had it painted, and all i had to do was bring the truck in. at first i was kinda skepticle but its been alright. it does get stuck on tree branches every once in a while but hasnt ripped off. i had to take it off to get a new windshield installed few years back and reinstalled it myself with some clear rtv stuffed into the holes so it wouldnt leak.

2008_1205Bronco0005.jpg

I have had this one on my bronco from the first day i pick it from the lot. It was the first mod i made.

I think they look alright. I actually like the running lights that some have better than without.

I think they look good on a first gen explorer or a bronco II. Would look like crap on a second gen.

I would totally sport one, but I've barely enough cash to keep everything working right, let alone add stuff :(

2nd gens looks good too!!

Attachments

• ex3.jpg
    ex3.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 811
  • flexy.jpg
    flexy.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 798
  • ex side.jpg
    ex side.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 828

I don't care for the look on a 2nd gen, looks kid-ish to me. I WOULD like to see how one looks on a 3rd gen.

I had one on my '92 Sport. Looked pretty good, but I wouldn't do it again. You could hear the wind buffet through it at highway speeds.

Here's a pix with other "modifications" that were done to the vehicle...:rolleyes:

4156truckwreck4.jpg

I had one on my '92 Sport. Looked pretty good, but I wouldn't do it again. You could hear the wind buffet through it at highway speeds.

Here's a pix with other "modifications" that were done to the vehicle...:rolleyes:

4156truckwreck4.jpg

would that be the special sue mod? :p:

would that be the special sue mod? :p:

That would be correct:cool:....although this one wasn't her fault, and she did a damn fine job of avoiding a much worse modification...the "truck meets front of 18 wheeler head on" modification

i've wanted a visor from day one...can't find one for cheap though...

I've been looking for one for my 01 sport, I think they look pretty good on them

What are they for ?

S&G? looks? Sun blocking? idk I like them though, depending on the truck

Back