Joe Dirt's Wedgie | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Joe Dirt's Wedgie

Yeah, it sounded funny worded that way. :D Yes, I let my 6 year old name the car. When I mentioned that it was Wedgewood Blue, the name was blurted out in 5 seconds.

She's Deep Wedgewood Blue with a Dark Graphite leather interior.
105,000 miles, a V8 AWD of course, and sporting leather chaps inside. :D

So, the work starts- I need to swap over my audio stuff, visors, auto dimming mirror, rims and tires, trailer hitch, front lights, put in a new leather wheel and clean the hell out of the truck. I can't help but do that... ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sigh. You have got the fever...bad

Another explorer :D Looks like you may have yourself something else to clean! :p:

But...your newest X looks good :thumbsup:

Good lookin truck Joe, are you going to run both of them or get rid of shamrock now?

:thumbsup:the green one looks identical to my sisters: Damn good truck!

Not sure yet Glen, I'm leaning towards selling Shamrock and putting the money into Andrew's college account. Let it grow... :)

Looks like you may have yourself something else to clean! :p:

Really? Way ahead of you... :D

Before: Gross!

IMG_2515.jpg

Today was door day. Getting ready for speaker swap. So, you know- I have to detail behind the door panels- doesn't everyone do that?

After: Obsessive Compulsive! :shifty_ey

IMG_2521.jpg

When you go deep clean you sure as hell mean DEEP clean lol. But looks great man, love how clean your trucks always look, just wish I could keep out of the dirt long enough for mine to stay shiney for more than a week. Good choice with Shamrock either way you go there, I know I'm a nosey :p.

Great truck man. Looking forward to seeing what you are gonna do with it.

I read this after I posted....
So, the work starts- I need to swap over my audio stuff, visors, auto dimming mirror, rims and tires, trailer hitch, front lights, put in a new leather wheel and clean the hell out of the truck. I can't help but do that...
So...my bad on that. :)
I was mainly looking at pictures. And, those door panels needed a cleaning....they look good now :biggthump

Joe...
I wish I could clean my X like you clean up yours. You keep em really clean. Keep up the good work, and keep us here at the EF updated.

Great truck man. Looking forward to seeing what you are gonna do with it.
x2

Thanx guys- I just enjoy working on them, and I've always been impressed with super clean stock older cars. Never been much for mods aside form my Mustang, but I do enjoy the smell of Simple Green and Meguiars products... :D

This one will need some good paint correction- Once I got the lights on it, the finish is a mess. It needs some real quality time with a rotary... I can oblige. :thumbsup:

I know Mr. Clean you like the clean look but I think you should try the TT/Shackle with a clean truck and you'll love it ;) just opinion :)

And it begins anew....

Subscribing as usual, always gives me inspiration to CLEAN!

I like your Wedgie Joe D!!

How's the underside look (rust)?

It's not bad- it's a Michigan truck, so it's not perfect, but the underside/rear of the rockers aren't through at all, and I'm going to slather POR-15 on the bottoms of the doors, the hatch, and the rockers now before it takes off on me... Gotta love road salt!

I ordered some rattle cans off eBay since Dupli-Color discontinued this color in everything but the paint pens, so I can make it look all purty down there. Yes, I will wetsand and buff the inside of my doors after painting the bottoms. :D

Congrats on the new ride man!

Looks great, paint looked great from the pics, but that can always be misleading :p:

Cant wait to see how much you clean this clean ride up :D

Hey man. omfg lol ha ha I love your ride. Make sure you get out those Magic Erasers and take as many pics as possible man. :bounce:

I ordered some rattle cans off eBay since Dupli-Color discontinued this color in everything but the paint pens, so I can make it look all purty down there. Yes, I will wetsand and buff the inside of my doors after painting the bottoms. :D

Too bad you don't have Crappy Tire, er Canadian Tire down there. For whatever reason, Dupli-Color released a whole pile of colours in last year or so in larger sizes at Canadian Tire. I was never able to get my hands on my code (SU/Amazon Green) and one day I stumbled across a can with new packaging and larger sizes (I don't think they list them on their website). I'd been hoping to find some since I got the truck. I did up my EE front airdam back in the spring with a can. The match was perfect. I may do the EB tan/gold trim some day and go monotone.

What's your code? I'll have a look when I hit there next time.

My code is LL- Deep Wedgewood Blue.

Our stuff is shown below, maybe they're different up there?

They produced my color only in the 11 oz. "Truck Van SUV" spraycan:

sizeimage.php

and the small pens:

images

When they combined/stopped making both sizes of the smaller 5 oz. cans:

NBMpaintcan.JPG

and the larger 11 oz. cans and started selling one 8 oz. "Perfect Match" cans:

dupli-color-spray-paint.jpg

...and that's when they stopped putting my paint in spraybombs altogether. :(

I think I used the 8 oz can. I was stoked that they finally had SU as all I could get before was the touchup pens. I'll have a look anyhow. Maybe your paint code is popular up here (for whatever reason, there are a lot of wedgewood blue Exploders up here).

Yeah, it sounded funny worded that way. :D Yes, I let my 6 year old name the car. When I mentioned that it was Wedgewood Blue, the name was blurted out in 5 seconds.

So the process will again take place here, but here is the day I parked the Wedge up on the dock to get a good peek underneath.

She's Deep Wedgewood Blue with a Dark Graphite leather interior.
105,000 miles, a V8 AWD of course, and sporting leather chaps inside. :D

So, the work starts- I need to swap over my audio stuff, visors, auto dimming mirror, rims and tires, trailer hitch, front lights, put in a new leather wheel and clean the hell out of the truck. I can't help but do that... ;)

Nice Ex Joe. I knew you couldn't stop the craving. I look forward to seeing the progress on Wedgie. All is right in the world, Joe has the fever, and we're all gonna be OK!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think I used the 8 oz can. I was stoked that they finally had SU as all I could get before was the touchup pens. I'll have a look anyhow. Maybe your paint code is popular up here (for whatever reason, there are a lot of wedgewood blue Exploders up here).

Much appreciated-

There are 2 Wedgewood Blue's though...

Medium Wedgewood Blue (The Eddie Blue)

photo.php

Deep Wedgewood Blue

photo.php

I see way more Dark Wedgewoods around, and that's the one they canceled. WTF?!? :D

Back