Body Work & Detailing | Page 253 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Body Work & Detailing

Waxing washing, wheel cleaning and body work. This is the place to discuss those topics.

Hello again. I want all of your guys andive and input on this. I need to strip an old pickup of all of it's paint and rust. What would be the best way to do this? I would assume a angle ginder of some sort with a special disk. Is that right? It seems like I would take more then the paint off with that and run the risk of cutting through the sheet metal. I've also heard of some chemicals that you put on, but that sounds like it could do more damage that I want it to. I know that some of the rust is all the way through so I will have to cut the saection out, weld metal in and use a fiberglass filler, but in some areas the metal is in great shape and I just need to strip the paint. If anyone has any suggestions on...
Over the years, the clear coat on my 93 EB wheels has become cloudy. However, I can put a lot of time into polishing them and they look fairly nice for a while, then the cloudy appearance returns. I suspect the problem is under the clear coat which may require refinishing, but I am hopeful someone might know of an aluminium clear coat polish that will do the trick as a last resort. Thanks Mike
:eek: MY paint is coming off the roof of the truck. I am not sure if its from the sun or a bad wax job or even someone's evil hand, I just want to know if there is some way of preventing this from spreading because it is spreading; its making a bigger blotch. Alsois there a way or some product i can get to get this corrected without going to the paint shop? Thanks for your correspondence.
OK... I get my lift on and no sooner does a major problem appear. I dont know how i missed this, but the bar that seperates the windows on the rear doors are both starting to bubble up and rust out. Does anyone know if this bar can be replaced?? How do I get it out?? I'm a lttle nervous that this is going to be a REALLY costly problem. HOpefully you guys can think of something. Thanks
Ok, so here's the deal. I've got some sort of salt, or rust, or something on my hood. Really makes it look funny. It's on the roof too, but I'm getting a rack and that should clear any of that up. I don't really care about looks all that much, but this sucker sticks out like a sore thumb. Any ideas on how to get rid of it without having to get a paint job or replace the hood? Here's the best picture of the hood I could find: http://ucsu.colorado.edu/~dotyj/picture2.jpg and another: http://ucsu.colorado.edu/~dotyj/picture4.jpg Just a quick thank you to Chris for this pictures :D Anyways, any help is appreciated, thanks!
Back