Chrysler Dodge Plymouth | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Chrysler Dodge Plymouth

Chrysler Dodge and Plymouth Cars and Trucks

A Dodge Registry "Dark Thunder"

A friend of mine gave me this 1998 Dodge Ram 1500. The transmission wouldn't get out of 2nd and it needed some basic maintenance. He wanted to give it to a junkyard,:eek: but he called me up at work and asked if I wanted it. I said "Hell, yeah!" and brought it home a week later.

Specs:

5.2L V8 (230HP @ 4400RPM / 300 ft.lb. torque @ 3200RPM):D
46RE 4-speed Auto
2WD
Single Cab Long Bed
3.55 Gear Ratio
9.25 Chrysler Rear Axle
ST w/ Cruise, A/C, and fogs
126K miles
Towing Capacity of...

Viper ACR X

Attachments

• IMG_0832.jpg
    IMG_0832.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 491
  • IMG_0840.jpg
    IMG_0840.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 460
  • IMG_0843.jpg
    IMG_0843.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 480
  • IMG_0853.jpg
    IMG_0853.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 465

Chrysler puts diesel in light P/U

http://restylingmag.com/news/chrysler-will-offer-diesel-version-of-light-duty-ram-pickup

Chrysler Group’s Ram brand announced Feb. 14 that it will be first to offer a small-displacement diesel for its half-ton line of trucks.

Featuring a new 3.0-liter EcoDiesel engine and an eight-speed TorqueFlite automatic transmission, the automaker said the 2014 Ram 1500 will deliver best-in-class fuel efficiency and torque. If Chrysler delivers and the price is right, the diesel truck could...

Oh RATS!!!

Started up the Dodge Ram yesterday and the parking brake light and ABS light stayed on. Popped open the hood and immediately saw that rodents had been VERY busy overnight. They pulled down a bunch of insulation, and chewed through several wires:eek:

I initially didn't see where the ABS wiring had been cut, and I wasn't 100% sure that it even had been cut, I thought that it may have just been a coincidence so I took the truck in to a local shop and had them put their ABS scan tool on the...

Cummins Explorer

Alright my disclaimer in the beginning… This is going to be really long and the pictures aren’t great. I know there are other maybe even better ways to do just about everything but because I gave myself only 1 month to put this together and I didn’t want to spend a fortune, it is what it is.

I guess I’ll start with how this madness came about. I heard from some friends that a guy selling a low mileage 12 valve with a transmission for cheap. So I bought it and wasn’t entirely sure what I...

New Car! 2013 Dodge Dart

'Sup everybody! I Finally went and bought a new car. Its a 2013 Dodge Dart SXT. Its Grey with a grey and black two tone interior. Aero under body treatment, active grill shutters, remote start, keyless entry, UConnect Phone, Voice Rec, 2.0L I-4 and a few other features. Really Fun car. I kept my Explorer and it is now just an around town fun car. Its finally where its can rest from being a daily driver for the past 18 years. Here are some pics of my new car...

I need direction for a 1998 1500 4x4...

I just bought a 1998 dodge ram 1500 4x4 long bed with a 5.2L for $6k. It only has 24k miles and has a class 4 hitch and some bull bars/brush guard on the front. It was a military service vehicle that was used on the specwar base. I am going to use it as a tow vehicle and winter vehicle.

Anywho, it drives like a brand new truck in most regards, but it didnt have near the power it should. I put new plug wires and new champion plugs in it because thats oem for it, but those are very...

How to Start an Engine After 6 Years

I just bought a truck with a Chrysler 5.2L pushrod TBI (not sure yet if it's interference or not). The seller reports he hadn't started the engine since 2005.

I want to try to start it to see where I stand regarding just needing a tune-up vs full rebuild. I'm planning on using a new battery of course and doing a cold oil change (with cheap petro-based oil since I'll probably need to flush a few times) with filter. Also, I plan on first trying to breaker-bar crank the engine over to...

Pwhiteelec05's 97 Dakota

I'm starting this for my brother since he never seems to get around to doing it. I feel like he needs a registry over here because he is over here more than on the dakota forums.

It's a 1997 Dodge Dakota 4x4 with a 318. It has had some work done to it including an M1 intake manifold, holley throttle body, headers, and a tune.

This is what it started out like when he bought it
IMG_0794Medium.jpg

And then it got a 3" body lift a little torsion twist and some lift blocks, here it is right...

Back