• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Recommended Aftermarket and OEM Parts and Tools

A forum to share information about aftermarket, and factory replacement parts which you have had positive experience with.
I would like to start off this area with two names of aftermarket companies that I think make parts better than OEM. For suspension = MOOG Amazing stuff, lasts longer than OEM And Felpro Their gaskets are even better than OEM These are two companies I have never gotten anything bad or defective from.
Hey all, being a Ford and Lincoln driver in Europe with no dealersupport available, finding parts is an adventure. I do have a well know supplier, been with them for years but over the last year on almost every order i get an e-mail about "special order" parts (not as far as i can see) and shipping is therefor delayed, sometimes by 2 to 3 weeks. Any recommendations? Should be great if i can see stock positions so i can choose if i want to wait for special order or find another shop. Thanks!
Hello! Ok so I now have a very small radiator leak on the side by the plastic side. I would really love to get a thicker radiator. I would love the brass/copper type like in my camaro but I reallydont think that is an option. So the next best thing i can see are those nice 3 row radiators with i believe are aluminum sides. Plastic siding is not my favorite. Can anyone tell me how well they do fit? I have a separate tranny oil cooler so I dont have to worry about any fittings. Will...
2010 sport trac ,does anyone sell poly or OME replacements . Cant find sh-t.
If you ever need to remove the rear carrier pin bolt, and find that your bolt is broken, You quickly realize you cant get a traditional drill bit to reach it, this is the solution. From the Skyway Tools website: https://www.skywaytools.com/deluxe-differential-pinion-shaft-lock-bolt-extractor-kit/ For GM and Ford integral rear ends. The problem of removing broken differential pinion shaft lock bolts in GM and Ford integral rear ends has an easy solution. This extractor kit has been...
I have always ordered my parts from Rockauto. Good prices, good warranty service, and generally easy to do business with. Recently, I have issues with them shipping parts USPS. I've had parts take 2 weeks to get here. The last order I placed, I selected FedEx Ground. Well, they shipped USPS. Is anyone else having similar issues? I emailed their customer service and have not heard back yet. If they can't stop using USPS, I'll have to find somewhere else to get parts from. Any suggestions? Dave
Looking for a set that fits as close to the vehicle as I can find, kinda like OEM. Anybody have suggestions for a/m closest match?
Bracket kit only, you supply the saginaw pump. https://proquipped.com/shop/ols/products/p1-adapter-kit If your tired of the whine of the stock P pump, and have always wanted an easy solution to swap to the saginaw to your 1st or 2nd gen 4.0 OHV, well there it is.... Finally! Grab a used unit from the boneyard, buy a reman, or can even use an aftermarket High Performance Sag TC pump with it.
Give an honest review of your experience/install/quality, with the brand/style replacement headlight you installed. Please state your year & model for reference. If you have a link to the merchant, install, or personal video of the install to share, please add that as well. Pictures say a thousand words they say, so if you have some, let us see them! Explorer Forum Rating of 1-5, 1 being the lowest, 5 being the highest: Install- easy to hard Looks- poor to excellent Price- low to high...
Does anyone know of an aftermarket Headlight Assembly for 2005 Aviator? I would like to find one with a focused beam similar to some of the Navigator aftermarkets but I have been unable to find anything. HID is not important as I will use LED bulbs. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
What do you think about parts made in China? Let us know your opinion. Cheap bad good made of lead idk what have you tried on your explorer....im doing Chinese led lights.... Only thing I like from China led lights. Some reason Chinese led s are super cheap and reliable.
Hey all! Any recommendations on where to get this part for an 05 Eddie Bauer? I've seen it called trim, a panel & the Ford site calls it a Shield Assy. It's basically the plastic covering that hold the power/heated seat switches.. The plastic is so flimsy my fat ass broke it. From what I've seen there is a lot of them with this problem. I've searched my local salvage yard but didn't see any there that weren't broken in the same way. Thanks!
Has anybody found a good set of slip on towing mirrors for a 4th Gen? Looking for something a little better fitting and cleaner looking than the universal velcro style mirrors. If not, other ideas?
I need a set of 24 lb injectors for a 99 mountaineer 302.. where can I get these? Thanks
We made the mistake of opting for the Ford all weather floor mats when we ordered our 2016 Ex LTD in late 2015. But, as soon as we took delivery, we saw that we needed to replace those mats with Weather Tech brand after market mate, like we had gotten in our 08 F150 Screw. They are a must in a region that gets snow in the winter. The Weather Tech prices aren't bad. They're a good value.
Can you guys recommend a brand of aftermarket fender flares that I can buy for my 2014 Ford Explorer XLT? I plan to buy a set, after replacing the rims and tires on my Explorer.