Recommended Aftermarket and OEM Parts and Tools | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recommended Aftermarket and OEM Parts and Tools

A forum to share information about aftermarket, and factory replacement parts which you have had positive experience with.
Filter threads by prefix:

| K and P Engineering For us 5.0 V8 guys, the filter is an S17 The bad? This product carries a price that will bring a tear to your eye when your paying for it. The Good? 1. I can't find one negative review. 2. Over on the YellowBullet the big guys use them, and swear by them. 3. High flow, and rated at a consistent 35 micron filtering. 4. Re-usable filter media (Better be for that price). 5. Here's the big one for me: The filter media comes apart easily and can be checked for engine bits (specifically bearing material) Cutting up filters is time consuming for me and usually ends up in a blood sacrifice. I'll be ordering one, and will post further reviews once I get it, and then again once my motor is back together and actually...
Just ran across a new fix and wanted to let people know about it. Many thanks to FordTechMakuloco for publishing it. If your tranny is having the servo issues so common to this trans, go to: Ford Lincoln Mercury Explorer Mountaineer Navigator Servo Bore Fix Check out their solution. I have not had to do this to mine but if the problem re-surfaces (mine started this and I changed the fluid and the problem stopped) it is a better alternative than a full rebuild with the sleeve install. Can be done by almost anyone. If it does re-surface, all you have to do is replace the O-rings on new servo shaft. A much more economical solution.
Hey ya'll. I just replaced all 4 shocks on my 94 Explorer Sport. All but 1 were still original. When I compared the new shock to the old one, I noticed the stock back ones were bigger around and heavier duty like the Rancho shock. The Monroe's felt a little more stiff than the old ones, I'll bet from being worn. The front shocks were another story though. The old shocks were the same diameter, but much harder to push in than the Monroematics. I was reluctant to install them at first, but am glad I did now. The ride is much softer now and many noises I used to hear from the undercaraige have been reduced significantly. I was even considering getting solid urathane engine & tranny mounts before I installed these. If your 1st gen...
Post up your personal Preference, and which Engine & Year, you use them in. Goal: To help others make an informed decision, when purchasing parts & wanting to do the work themselves, or wanting a mechanic/shop to install a specific brand/type. Additional helpful information you can offer: Do you do anything to them when installing to make it easier or help for future removal? When do you change them? When a problem arises or as routine maintenance? Where do you source them from? Have a Link to share? Have any DIY tips to offer for a certain model/Yr? Share the knowledge folks, let's help each other out, as best we can!
Post up your personal Preference, and which Model & Year, you use them in. Goal: To help others make an informed decision, when purchasing parts & wanting to do the work themselves, or wanting a mechanic/shop to install a specific brand/type. Additional helpful information you can offer: Do you do anything to them when installing to make it easier or help for future removal? When do you change them? When a problem arises or as routine maintenance? Where do you source them from? Have a Link to share? Have any DIY tips to offer for a certain model/Yr? Share the knowledge folks, let's help each other out, as best we can!
Post up your personal Preference, and which Engine, Model & Year, you use them in. Goal: To help others make an informed decision, when purchasing parts & wanting to do the work themselves, or wanting a mechanic/shop to install a specific brand/type. Additional helpful information you can offer: Do you do anything changing fluids/filters, to make it easier or help for future changes? When do you change them? When a problem arises or as routine maintenance? Where do you source them from? Have a Link to share? Have any DIY tips to offer for a certain model/Yr? Share the knowledge folks, let's help each other out, as best we can!
Post up your personal Preference, and which Engine & Year, you use them in. Goal: To help others make an informed decision, when purchasing parts & wanting to do the work themselves, or wanting a mechanic/shop to install a specific brand/type. Additional helpful information you can offer: Do you do anything to them when installing to make it easier or help for future removal? When do you change them? When a problem arises or as routine maintenance? Where do you source them from? Have a Link to share? Have any DIY tips to offer for a certain model/Yr? Share the knowledge folks, let's help each other out, as best we can!
Back