• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

RV / Trailers / Camping

Stic-o's Hybrid Travel Trailer

We picked up a few weeks ago a new to Hybrid Travel Trailer. We liked the Pop Up, but it just didn't work for us. Can't stop anywhere and just sleep for a few hours, or run back to the bathroom, or grab a cold drink. We also don't stay in one place very long most of the time, and it's gets old real quick setting up the pop up after 10-12 hrs of driving just for the night. This just another step in our road to a motorhome, but will do for now.

2005 Flagstaff (Forest River) Shamrock 19'...

RV Battery Wiring with Inverters/Chargers

I had mentioned on one of my threads (Purchasing 46.5 Acres Near Kingman, AZ) that I had the inverter/charger fail on the RV while camping. Its a Prosine 2.0 made by Xantrex and lasted about 15 years so I can't complain. I purchased a new unit from Xantrex and its being shipped. Most of the camping I do is dry or boondocking. RV has 600 watt solar system along with the inverter so it does very well for extended stays off grid. I pulled the old unit out and don't like the way the...

RV Propane BBQ Fix

Last trip out with the RV I noticed the BBQ was in need of some TLC. The heat, tent, shield, burner protector plate was falling apart. Its stupid thin plate with a bunch of stamped slots in it so its days were numbered from the start. I priced out new grills but they are all at least $100 for what I would want. Nothing special, just a small BBQ for the RV. I decided to give it a good cleaning and see how it looks. The grill is in otherwise excellent shape so I dug through my scrap...

Adventure trailer build thread.

Rated "I/A" for Immature Adult content! Stop, and close this page if you can't handle Silly, foul, and obnoxious adult content!

Intro:
This is not a common build here on this forum, but this build is part of another long term build, that has been going on for 10 years now. I feel it is fitting to share this build here, since so much of it's companion is documented on EF. This thread is as detailed as my patience has allowed. I want to be able to help others that...

Stic-o's Pop-Up Trailer

Last year I sold my Truck and Camper, as it was just getting to tight for the family. The plan was to get a Class C motorhome, but it's just not in the cards with the world in it's current state. So we decided to do a trailer for now, for the family. Yes, I know I tow two things at once, but this is a stepping stone for us so we can still do some traveling as a family.

So on to the details. This is as big as they come in the pop up world. It huge! 20 ft. long closed, at 3500 lbs. dry...

Trailmanor

I had an almost impossible list of requirements to get a trailer: (1) must be short enough to fit in our driveway. (2) must have a 3 piece washroom with holding tanks. (3) have hard sides. (4) ability to sleep 5. I found it, but it has a very special and dedicated following, the Trailmanor.

For some reason, I can't figure out how to post images from my computer, so all I can do is post links to factory images: Videos

Set up is truly simple. It takes more time to level, attach...

camp stove issues

I am still old school in the fact that I do most of my camp cooking on a coleman green propane 2 burner stove. The last couple times I used it, however, I noticed that it only burned on one setting... hellfire. I tried a new regulator and am having the same issue. Has anyone else dealt with this and know where I should start poking around to fix it? I hate to buy another as it has been a good stove.

Thanks in advance!

Military 101/Off Road Adventure Trailer

c97001fd-a99f-4754-af2b-984892919ba2.jpg

Well after a few years of wanting one of those military trailers that you see in the WW2 flics being towed behind a jeep, I finally got one. Not that particular one which is the M416 but one that I like better, the later model M101. It's a little larger, plus it's got a flip down tailgate. A lot of surface rust but structurally sound.
Only on spot that is rusted thru. Nothing I can't fix.

DSC04820.jpg

8' long 5' 5" wide with a Pintal hitch. You know it's tuff...

Ditch those 7 pin connectors - EZConnector Something much better!

My off road trailer build

Well I've gotten it to a respectable state that I can actually post pictures of it now.
IMG_0012.JPG
IMG_0533.JPG
IMG_0530.JPG
IMG_1136.JPG
IMG_1137.JPG
IMG_1134.JPG
IMG_1133.JPG
IMG_1132.JPG

Check Those Spare Tires Kids!!!

OK,

Here goes...

Who has checked the air in the spare lately?

Honestly?

Bosslady had a bolt in her tire, like a good drone I went to her work site and pulled the suspect tire and put the spare on till I could get the tire fixed the same day.

Good Idea NO! not if the spare is almost flat!!!!

Jack is now stuck so I managed to get it out.

All Good.

CHECK THAT SPARE!!!!!!!!

yostyexplorer94's camper frame trailer build

Bearing replacement reference for my trailer-

Replacement Trailer Hub Bearing - L68149 - L68149
Replacement Race - L68110 - L68110
Replacement Trailer Hub Bearing - L44649 - L44649
Replacement Race for L44643 and L44649 Bearings - L44610
Grease Seal - Double Lip - ID 1.719" / OD 2.565" - for 3,500-lb Axles - Qty 2 - RG06-050

I found this on craigslist. It was an old camper that he stripped down to the frame, sand blasted, and primered it. I...

Upgrading TV's to LED in RV

My latest project is to upgrade the TV's in my 2005 Winnebago class "A" to LED. I have wanted to do this for awhile for viewing pleasure, and to update the look of the coach (most 2007's and newer have flat screens). I forgot to take some "before" pictures, but a found a few of the front TV.

DSCF0004_Large_.JPG

DSCF0157_Large_.JPG

You can see how the old TV...

Tents- nylon or canvas?

What do you use? Do you have experience with both?

When I've camped in a tent, it's always been in a nylon tent. But I've heard that canvas tents are way better- they are easier to keep warm and don't warm up as much in direct sunlight as nylon.

I recently spent a pretty chilly night on Twin Cone inside a nylon tent. I know this could have been made better with better sleeping bags.

I've been tossing around the idea of getting a canvas tent, but storage inside my Explorer is tight-...

Project M.O.A.B. . .

. . . as in the Modular Operational Activity Base.

. . . or perhaps it's the U.T.A.H., or Utility Trailer Adventure Hauler ? ? ?

Anyway, I have a smaller motorcycle trailer from a company called Kendon - - it's a two rail trailer that folds and stands upright when not in use. Generally, I use it to haul one of the Buells to track days here in the Northwest, or "rescue"...