• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Tools and Garage

A forum to discuss tools and shop setup.
I ran across this on another board (yes, there are others :))... I never thought it could be this bad using carb/brake cleaner.. http://www.brewracingframes.com/id75.htm ~Mark
I know I know, this is the last thing you want to hear about. In shop class you'd always waste the first day going over safety, ear protection, eye protection, and all that crazy stuff -- but it's all for a purpose. This thread will talk mostly about safety in the garage and with tools. I understand that most of the members on here work in the driveway, garage, or heck - even apartment complex parking lots. No matter where you are, you need to be safe and take precaution. Facts...
Ok just a little reminder for those or you that use extension cords, and you audiophiles with big sound. If you are not carefull using air compressors or HD electrical equipment you can cause breakers to pop or even cause fires. And I know one thing that pisses me off is to have to move my huge tool boxes to get at my GFI or even to have to walk around the house to the breaker box to reset it while in the middle of something. So with that said here's a little Ohm's Law 101, back to some...
Pull up a stool and let's talk shop! Here we'll be discussing tips and techniques for wrenching on our rides as well as the best way to setup our garages and workspaces. Find out what Ford tool works best for removing that dang fan clutch, and what size socket you need for your spindle nut. Many of us spend a fair amount of time not only working on our rides in the garage, but also hanging out with buddies, talking about the good ole days. I know I've had my fair share of Mustangs in...
At one time, owning a 3D printer was something only colleges, large companies, universities or wealthy people could own. Now with low priced machines comparable to the cost of an average ink or laser printer, it's been in the price range for the average person to own. There are many people uploading their designs for people to print or remix into something else. Here's an example of a tool which I made by remixing two designs: Driver handle for a Harbor Freight 06770 gasket punch set. by...
A small tool purchase turned into a whole new workbench and storage shelves. I had a small refrigerator that was wasting space, as well and the workbench that was there, was built by my step-dad in ~1984. So, after doing some measuring, I headed to Home Depot for some my supplies and went for it. I made each shelf and the workbench top as frames, that mounted to the wall, and then legs on the outside to level them out. It definitely strong enough for what I'll be using them for. My garage...
Hey there is this bolt that I dont know what it is and I would like to know what it is.
My explorer has rust problem that I would like to take care of. Any suggestions for good beginning welding tools for a do it yourself er?
Does anybody on this site own hydraulic ramps like these: 2pc Hydraulic Vehicle Car Ramps 10,000lbs Capacity Portable For Car Repair Black | eBay
Am looking into purchasing a orbital polisher. Want opinions on what you may have, or used. Any input would be appreciated. Have looked at Griots, Torques, Flex, and Rupes. Thanx
After checking the specials on the Micro Center's website, I saw that they had some open box specials on 3D printers in my local store. They keep marking down these returned items until they are sold, so I actually received another mark down as it was being purchased. I contacted the manufacturer before I made the purchase in the store, and they told me that the parts it needed were available. After emailing the warranty department with photos, and a detailed description, I found out that...
Got the super compact impact wrench for my Explorer! Tested it - works good! Recommended!
So I brought the junkyard to me!!! I was able to pick up this 92 Eddie 4x4 with 25,000 original miles from an insurance action because the original owner posted here. This thing is immaculate! Should help to keep my 94 sport on the road for decades. Now....anyone got tips on how to keep a donor in decent shape? I’ve added fuel stabilizer and topped off fluids. Will be adding a battery disconnect soon. D7BECA86-3ED1-4881-8B65-68A061CB5076 by Blue m&m posted February 18, 2019 at 8:12 PM...
My Dad died recently, and my family is going through all his stuff in the basement and garage. He had a good amount of tools, mostly old stuff. He was 87 so he had a lot fetime to accumulate, and he was a machinist all his life. Plus he had some tools from his grandfather! I'm 6000 miles away, and my sister is sending me pics of some of the tools to see what I want. Some I know what they are, some I have some general idea, and some I have no clue. So I will be posting pics to see if anyone...
So I have a ELM327 that I use with Torque lite on my phone and I also have another really old one (15+ years) that works but pretty basic.. I have no idea where my ELM is right now, lost in the abyss of garage right now:rolleyes: Anyway wanted to see what everyone else was using and plus and minus of what your using. Maybe it's time for a upgrade. Go!
i made this is the garage today for the wife’s car. All chromoly. Tig welded.
Well, it's finally coming together now- Of course, I'm talking about my long awaited professional oven build.:D Now-first I must explain that I shouldn't even be doing this stuff. I'm disabled and make no money-but man I gotta be involved and this is about the best way I can think of. besides-it gives me something to look forward to, and that's what is important. It has taken a long while to gather these bits-and now that I am into it deep I figure what the heck let's show it off. Now...