Biggest wheels possible on 06 Mountaineer?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Biggest wheels possible on 06 Mountaineer??

My mom just purchased a 2006 Mercury Mountaineer Premier last night. It has the stock 17 inch wheels. We want to upgrade to the biggest possible rim.

What is the largest size we could go with??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Please post only one thread for the same question.

I am going to delete the same thread you posted under "2006+ Explorers > Modified 2006+ Explorers" since it is exactly the same as this one.

sounds good. I realized that my first one was probably in the wrong spot. Thanks.

No problem - Good luck!

bigger is not always better.
The smaller the tire sidewall the crappier the ride IMO

410Fortune said:
bigger is not always better.
The smaller the tire sidewall the crappier the ride IMO

I agree. The rims will only be on for a few months during the summer though.

Basically, my mom just sold her 04 Navigator with 24's on it, so this is the replacement. It's not my style, but this has to be the most pimped out Mountaineer in town.

It looks like 20's will fit for sure. Anybody have experience with 20's or 22's?

22's are no problem to fit. plenty people have. and i'm sure u can fit 24's with the right tire... how could u not? u've got room for atleast 3" of tire all around. go for 24's it'll look really good imo. better yet cram some 26's on it :thumbsup: . hell lift it and put 28's! ;) anyways whats the overall diameter of the stock tire? thats all u need to know. then find the overall diameter of the tire u put on the rim u decide on. and since your going for "pimp" status 20's don't count anymore there day is long gone... unless u drop the $hit out of it or u throw them on a car.
edit: u could also look into some 23's, tires are quite a bit cheaper for them over the 24's

We decided on some 22's!

D'vinci Povatti's. They are mostly chrome, but some of the spokes are black...to match the truck. Pretty sweet!

just make sure and post some pics :thumbsup:

For sure! They should be on tomorrow.

to ricer looking for my taste, but on another note your mom kick ass dude rollin on 24's.

I'm with you man!

Maybe I should throw these on my BroncoII for a day just to see what it look like!

I guess it takes a few day to paint these wheels, so they won't be in til next week. I'll put up some pics though when they get here.

get them powdercoated to match the truck way more pimp, chrome is old news.
saw a maroonish red ss silverado with matching 24s looked really nice, even though its not my style.

-Rich

churd69 said:
get them powdercoated to match the truck way more pimp, chrome is old news.
saw a maroonish red ss silverado with matching 24s looked really nice, even though its not my style.

-Rich
That is exactly what we are doing! The outer lip will still be chrome though. It should look nice.

The wheels arrived last Friday, and they look BAD A!!!!!!

What do you think?

Is your mom single............just kidden, looks f'n nice.

that does look bad a$$ :thumbsup: looks good with the black and chrome. alot better than i thought it would.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks!

Still married to my dad though! JK! ;)

In a few years when I need a new daily driver, I hope my mom is ready to sell! I've been very impressed with the ride, handling, and comfort of this rig. And the black on black on black is sweet.

Back