Show us your custom bumper photos!! | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Show us your custom bumper photos!!

rookieshooter said:
Josh, I think you were holding back about your fab skills. When are you going to make some for others?

Just tell me what ya want, lol.

I never said i was a good fabber, i just really enjoy doing it.

I'm not 100% sure where the tire will actually be once it's mounted on there. Mine looks just like that, just the one bar going to the tire and it is just fine, and this is heavier steel, so i think that will be okay. But i do see your concern.

Thanks for the compliments!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey cdsl227, where did u get your bumper? i know u said its a trail ready but i have been searchin around the net for a similar front bumper like yours, i know ARB doesnt make one of my explorer but urs is the exact look and style of bumper i am goin for, i figured i was gonna get my guy who works on my truck with me to custom make me one but if theres one already out there that looks like yours and will fit my explorer just as good ill go with that, any input would be most appreciated, thanks -Steve

Sorry, I just saw the post...

I think I got the last one. :)

They were originally made for the Ranger and you may convince them to make one for you...they told me no at first, to fit the X on the stock mounts you have to redrill the holes and I told them I had a 3" body lift, but it was still off a little. When I did the solid axle conversion- I welded plates and extensions onto the frame to put it where I wanted it.

And not for nuttin, but it is one hell of a solid bumper and it weighs a ton...I doubt stock torsion bars would hold it up with a winch on it. I get an extra lift just taking it off. :)

A little expensive, but well worth it.

Road Armor - http://roadarmor.com/

I think they also make one for the X / Ranger.

truck 009.jpg
truck 003.jpg
Might as well add a pic or two of mine. The winch fits completly behind the grill. A bit of cutting and it fit. I still need to mount the solinoid pack andadd the shackle mounts that came in the mail.

going to brace that stinger at all?

Here is my bumper it has been on here for over a year and some more. it was hand built by me and a buddy
stuck-6.jpg

flex4.jpg

30743front-new-bump.jpg

Eh..guess I should add my front bumper. Designed and fabbed it myself...all 1/4" plate..

P6290008.JPG

94X.jpg

going to brace that stinger at all?

No. It looks taller then it really is. Im not sure if I am really happy with it. I can just cut the tubing off and redo it later if I decide I don't like it. I have only done 11 bends with a tube bender and 6 of them are on the bumper so There were a few things things that turned out different then how I had planned it in my head.

is it there to actually act as a stinger? or just as a grill/radiator hoop?

rookieshooter.jpg

This bolts to frame of B11

is it there to actually act as a stinger? or just as a grill/radiator hoop?

Just there cause I needed something when I added the winch. The winch is cradled on some 1/4" plate. Cut off the tube and redo it if I dont like it. It was mostly so I could practice with the tube bender. Still have 80 feet in the garage if I decide I dont like it and have time to redo it.

mine:
749310_94_full.jpg

white96x.. i really like your bumper, do you know anyone that could make me one like it?

ya of course, just no one in IL...sorry

white96x.. i really like your bumper, do you know anyone that could make me one like it?

Go over to RRORC.com and PM 93XLT, he has a shop up in Round Lake Beach. He can make you one of those.:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here is one a friend made me.

IMG_1618.jpg

Here is the thread. Someday I might add some headlight protection.
Bumper opinions?

Back