Msupertek's new Square Tubing Doors. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Msupertek's new Square Tubing Doors.

Msupertek

Axle Annihilator!
Reaction score
City, State
Arlington, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 4x4 Explorer
Well I started on them Saturday morning and spent all day on them. They latch to the factory pin. I used 11 gauge Square tubing and 3/8 rebar to make the removable pivot pins and latch. I'll be covering them with canvas that is left over from making the topper after the paint job.
door1.JPG

door4.JPG

door3.JPG

door2.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Smashing :D
I think you have the most interesting paint scheme on this forum.
It is not humanly possible to get your truck confused with anyone else's :D

Smashing :D
I think you have the most interesting paint scheme on this forum.
It is not humanly possible to get your truck confused with anyone else's :D

I think that's a RedNeck Camoflauge pattern.. Not sure, since I haven't seen anything like it before.

:salute:

Wasn't there a 1st gen sport on here a couple of years ago with the same paint job?? (sorry to take the wind out of your sails. :p) :confused:

i am really intrested in your doors and the top you are talking about. can you get a pic of you hinges???

look at the dash....

That IS a 1st gen.....

That's the same X.....it was painted....then chopped....

Ryan

Perhaps there is a whole group of urban camo'd splorers out there ready to sneak through the forests, mountains and deserts. That Dale guy from Indiana had the sport, I found this one amusing a while back as well.

Msuperteks looks like it's had the most detail. I remember being on a run with him when he was locking his doors if he walked away from it on the trail, now it's open chopped out.

Attachments

• DCP_4743.jpg
    DCP_4743.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,026
  • dcp_4745.jpg
    dcp_4745.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 989

I thought I was the the first (in 2005) to paint red white and blue camo but I could be wrong. I posted it on here a while back. The paint scheme will be changed to the current German Camo to match the canvas top and doors covers I am making.

I'll put pics up of the hinges tomarrow, they are very simple. I have seen a lot of awesome doors on here but some look like they require a lot of talent to make. Mine don't require any talent, just about 250 inches of 11 gauge square tubing, one chop, 2ft of 3/8 rebar, drill press and a flux core welder:D .

Total cost was $3 rebar / $30 for the square tubing / $10 for welding wire /
$6 for the cut off wheel / $1 for 8 cotter pins .

The guys at work say it looks like a six flags ride now.LOL:thumbsup:

another question?? did your door orginaly have power everything and if so what did you do with you wires. great build easy and on a budget.

i would really like to get some info on your top. that is the only thing that is stoping me from removing my top.

I thought I was the the first (in 2005) to paint red white and blue camo but I could be wrong. I posted it on here a while back. The paint scheme will be changed to the current German Camo to match the canvas top and doors covers I am making.

I'll put pics up of the hinges tomarrow, they are very simple. I have seen a lot of awesome doors on here but some look like they require a lot of talent to make. Mine don't require any talent, just about 250 inches of 11 gauge square tubing, one chop, 2ft of 3/8 rebar, drill press and a flux core welder:D .

Total cost was $3 rebar / $30 for the square tubing / $10 for welding wire /
$6 for the cut off wheel / $1 for 8 cotter pins .

The guys at work say it looks like a six flags ride now.LOL:thumbsup:

I see a lot of talant in the doors and everthing else. You got me thinking about some sq. tubing stuff for mine. Can't wait for that Geman camo look.

For the Top I ordered a 10 x 12 O.D. Green 17 oz. water proof canvas tarp from tarps.com, I will be cutting it and installing buttons to it so that I can snap it on and off.
I don't know how it will turn out because I won't start trimming it to fit until I'm done with the paint job. However I will be posting pics of it when I start.
The tarp cost me around $60 with shipping. Hopefully it turns out good.:D

My doors did have power windows and locks. I sold the doors. The wires have a connector that can be undone near the kick panel. I pulled the connector apart and sold the doors with the electric connectors inside.

So by German camo, do you mean the colors of the German flag (black red gold), or actual german milspec?

Either way would be cool.:cool:

German Desert Camo, exactly like this vehicle:salute:

german.jpg

Hopefully it comes out looking pretty good.... I'll be painting this Saturday. I just have a few more gussets to weld in my cage and I need to install 4 springs to return the latching mechanism on the door but I'll have it done by this weekend.:D

Hey burns sorry I havnt posted pics yet but all the sudden I got slammed with a lot of work at my shop and havnt been able to finalize the latches the way I want them. I should have them done by Friday at the latest and as soon as I'm done I'll post the pics...

Perhaps there is a whole group of urban camo'd splorers out there ready to sneak through the forests, mountains and deserts. That Dale guy from Indiana had the sport, I found this one amusing a while back as well.

That's wanderer's rig...Dale, least that's the only Dale i knew in In moved to Oklahoma and bought taxxmans 2nd gen :D

I'm considering an urban camo job for mine hehehehehe :D

so the rebar just slides behind the door pin then? it does look like a six flag ride.

heres my take of camo.
2490575_9_full.jpg

whats wrong with my caged sploder??

I didnt paint the body..but I do like it...:D

"that looks like somethin outta freakin MAD MAX"...

That cage is awesome on that X I like it.:thumbsup:

Hey thnx for the compliments on the doors guys, Pics of finalized latches will be up soon. Hey if you have time take a look at my paint job scheme, I'm not so sure the German desert camo is gonna look right so I put a little different pic up so I can get some of you color coordinated peeps to tell me what you think. here is the link..

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1565765#post1565765

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I like the German camo better.
Those loud colors remind me of a psychodelic cow. Something that Peter Max may have painted back in the 70s. Then again I think I did see a cow like that back then. :smoke:

Back