It's that time again! Carlisle '07!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

It's that time again! Carlisle '07!!

Spas

Explorer addict
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
North East, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
I'm not getting beat to the punch this year, by Gum! For the newbs, every year us Ford owners get together for a weekend of show-n-shine and quality wheeling at the biggest car show on the East coast, All Ford Nationals. This year the dates are June 1-3, 2007, so we'll be at Carlisle saturday and wheeling sunday. Last year we missed the wheeling part, but this year I'm proposing spending sunday at Rausch Creek (I originally said Paragon Adventure Park, but we don't know if they'll still be open come summer time :(). Assuming we have enough rigs, non-wheelers are welcome to ride along. We generally stick to moderate trails with harder offshoots for the Big Dawgs to show off while the rest of us watch. If you're bringing an Explorer, to register for the show GO HERE, and register under 'Serious Explorations' so we will all be parked in the same place. Also, you want to pick the category 1980 & up 4wd modified, even if you're 2wd. Carlisle's awesome, but they still haven't gotten around to creating a damn SUV class :fire: If you get a chance, feel free to complain to the office about it when we check in, lol. It's much easier to register online as opposed to filling out a ton of forms at the check-in stand, plus you save $5.

Typically, we all share hotel rooms, 4-5 to a room, to cut down on cost and cancel any possibility of drunk driving as we to tend to party at night after the show :D Don't think this isn't a family event, though! Every year the Drapers bring their daughter, and every year we all have a blast. Participation ranges from a handful to two dozen, and this event goes on RAIN OR SHINE. Rain is usually likely, but come have fun anyway- that's what umbrellas are for. Most of us arrive on Friday night to prepare for the show and catch up on news in our 'Exploder Family'. I'm going to try to book two rooms in a closer hotle (<--It's a Monmix thing for you newbs, ask what it means when you get there :D) this year, if you're interested in crashing with the party bunch you need to let me know so I can figure out if we need more or less space. I'm not posting a gazillion links to local hotles and campgrounds, do a Google search :p:

*Phew* This friggin' post gets longer every year :confused: As always, respect Carlisle's and Paragon's rules- no donuts on the showfield, no drinking and driving/being reckless, etc. Bring your butt out and have a good time, even if you don't own a Ford anymore ;)

Some pics from previous years:
'06
DSCN0477_Small_.JPG

'05
attachment.php

'04 Rausch Creek/AFN
attachment.php

group1.jpg

attachment.php

'03 (Paragon)
attachment.php

attachment.php

'02
attachment.php

And of course, there are always plenty of shenanigans to go around :D
parli3.jpg

136753.jpg

12637TEX.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We already have 2 vehicles (you guess which ones :p: ) registered and our hotel reservations made :D

BTW, for those Mustang enthusiasts, this is the "Mach 1 Reunion" year at the AFN's :thumbsup:

the plan as of now is to have 2 trucks there as long as we can both take off work. really want make it out had a great time the times i have made it

I read the part about the big Mach meet and said, "Oh yeah, Draper'll be there this year" :D

Cripes, I'm going to start reserving hotles a year in advance... I got us two rooms at the Motel 8 right near the best exit for getting into the fairgrounds, but they're $105 a night :p: As long as we have 4 to a room that should be about $25 each though, so I guess it's not TOO bad... Here's the map if anyone wants: 100 Alexander Spring Road, Carlisle

Tag I'm in
But have to decide which truck to bring and it's a toss up.
**** what i'm I saying i have 4monthes to choose I decode by then

Plan on wheeling at rauch creek, paragon's future is very grim. I dont know if we would be able to get a large amount of trucks into the old land. Id just keep paragon as a backup, and plan on going there if we can. But im there whatever happens.

im a maybe....it depends on army stuff....but if i am free i'll fly out, and im willing to drive someones truck!

Please dont write paragon off yet. Lets plan on being there unless things change.

That being said I am in for the party room I suppose. Ofcourse I dont own a ford anymore and Cant imagine buying another so I will have to go with someone.

This is cool. I'm not sure how far away carlisle is ( i will check as soon as i post) but i81 runs about two miles from my house...so however far it is; it's a straight shot for me.

I might be spending the summer in europe...but if i dont; ill be there.

Someone has to do the ritual "EF Wheeling Dance of No Carnage" since I wont be there.

Texplorer said:
Someone has to do the ritual "EF Wheeling Dance of No Carnage" since I wont be there.

Omg, I laughed so hard I cried! Bobby, my little Texan monkey- I love you forever, thank you for posting that!!!! :D

Please dont write paragon off yet. Lets plan on being there unless things change.

That being said I am in for the party room I suppose. Ofcourse I dont own a ford anymore and Cant imagine buying another so I will have to go with someone.

If you want I'll send ya the '69 EB up to work on /drive :p:
well whats left of it anyways

HAHA thanks for the offer. Not sure if thats a help or a nightmare

They found a new species of tuna... :D
tunadiagram.jpg

after a 1 year hiautus ( sp ? ) I will be back at AFN this year.

HAHA thanks for the offer. Not sure if thats a help or a nightmare

shouldnt be too bad, I'll ship it up in a few boxes, maybe even label them :p:

I might bother to show up this year, seeing that my swap is slowly crawling along... it might be done by then, Oh and Rookie, be expecting for me to be buggin ya to come down here and give me a hand when I get to the point of hanging the radius arm brackets and setting the steering up

I'll be there as well, for saturday, not going to miss ya all this year. I think i missed the good day by arriving on sunday. I'll have my own hotel again, might bring a few friends and their rides as well.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll be there as well, for saturday, not going to miss ya all this year. I think i missed the good day by arriving on sunday. I'll have my own hotel again, might bring a few friends and their rides as well.

Hopefully we'll catch up with you this year :p:

Saturday is the day to go if you wanna enter the show- Sunday most of us will be offroading, most likely at Paragon.

Back