Truck Haven 2007 Feb. 10-11 Discussion Thread | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck Haven 2007 Feb. 10-11 Discussion Thread

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Crop and enlarge that section.

What a great photo that is!:thumbsup:

These are coming to, if anyone needs a ride home.:D There is room for 2 X's on this baby!

We're you down in LA today? I could have sware I saw this truck and tralier with a backhoe on it going North on the 405 just before the 101 :confused:

Hey Brian, How's the rig coming along?

From what I can remember it was me, Brian, Sarah,Winter and and I think John...Jefe was there for bit I think but had to retrieve his plane in the crowd.
Oh, man that was funny when that Toy stood up on end. Sarah still talks about it. And, Jefe's plane crash into the crowd was a riot. I was amazed when it was returned without any extra damage.

Got the Explorer back from the shop yesterday. All that was wrong mechanically was the busted fitting on the transmission cooler line. It drives fine and we couldn't find anything else wrong. Taking it to a guy my friend uses in Temecula who has a backyard body shop on Saturday. Found a nice ripple in the "B" pillar, but they guy did not seem too concerned with it. I am just going to get it sort of straight, so I won't feel too bad if (when) I mess it up again. I really just want it to look good from a distance, have it the same color, and have all the doors and windows seal up. He says he could/should have it ready by 02/10, or at least ready enough to wheel. Decided against the fiberglass fenders and panels, because even around two extra inches of flare per side is too much in those tight canyons. It will be nice to have it back in one piece again.

Stop double posting. :p:

Stop double posting. :p:
PHHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!
I wanted to paint it Army green like your rig, but the wife said "You must be Joking!!";)

Decided against the fiberglass fenders and panels, because even around two extra inches of flare per side is too much in those tight canyons.

It would probally be fine if your axles were 2" wider:D

So this pic is from TDS last year, but I saw it on FSB and we are in it. I don't remember who was standing next to me but up at the top left next to the spotlight is me with the blue sweatshirt on. :D

gu2k3577.jpg

That was one of the coolest things I've seen those guys do. :cool: It was so amazing (and disappointing ;) ) that it didn't go over. I had already retrieved my plane from the mob, and was somewhere nearby to see it.

btw 94explorer2x4 just how much does one of them pallets weight??
[/I][/B]

well 112 boards at around mabey (im just guessing) 1.5-2 lbs each so I say around 224 lbs per pellet mabey less mabey more.

And brian Their are 14 pellets of this stuff!!! :eek: So I say around an hour of damn big bonfire then a few days of coals!!

We're you down in LA today? I could have sware I saw this truck and tralier with a backhoe on it going North on the 405 just before the 101 :confused:

Was this the backhoe you saw? if so it was me. I was in LA picking that baby up, taking it to my dads house in San Luis Obispo. If not there is a clone of my truck and trailer somewhere.

Was this the backhoe you saw? if so it was me. I was in LA picking that baby up, taking it to my dads house in San Luis Obispo. If not there is a clone of my truck and trailer somewhere.

Yeap! That was it!:thumbsup: you were coming down the hill. I was in my wife's Volvo in the fast lane, so you would not have seen me. :D

Reminder - bring firewood. The bigger, the better. the fire gets so hot, it makes regular firewood into kindling..

Did anyone see this:

2:22 p.m. January 26, 2007

Off-road enthusiasts maintained access to a hotly contested recreation site in Imperial County on Friday when a Superior Court judge denied a request by environmentalists to block all four-wheel drives from the area.
State response to environmentalists (PDF)
California Off-Road Vehicle Assoc. response (PDF)

The future of the land – known as both Truckhaven and the “desert Cahuilla property” – remains in legal limbo. Despite the judge's unwillingness to immediately bar off-roaders, the larger and unresolved case involves conservationists' allegations that state officials haven't done proper environmental reviews of the site. The California Department of Parks and Recreation recently acquired the Truckhaven land.

Friday's ruling slows the momentum for environmentalists, who were able to force the cancellation of a major off-road event at the same site last weekend. However, uncertainty about access to the area already has prompted organizers of one of the nation's largest off-road gatherings to move their March “safari” to a different location.

Disputes over off-roading have simmered for years in California, but the fight over Truckhaven marks an escalation of tensions. Off-roaders are furious about accusations that they skirted the law and conservationists are angry that the off-roaders are allegedly damaging natural resources, including habitat for endangered bighorn sheep.

“We can go forward with good land planning and work to preserve and protect special places within this acquisition at the same time,” said Roy Stearns, State Parks spokesman.

“We do not believe there will be any further harm to the environment beyond what has already occurred” from off-road vehicle use before State Parks purchase the land, he said.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20070126-1422-bn26offroad.html

Looks like its just a matter of time before its gone for good. It says TDS is going to be moved, but TDS's site says to be patient and see what will happen. This sucks. Time to swamp the Borrego state park with emails asking for the area to remain open to off road vehicles.

http://www.tds4x4.com/safariinfo.htm

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is it just me, or has no one else seen these "Big Horn Sheep"?:dunno:

Back