• Register Today It's free!

what hose goes here?

colecifer

Reaction score
City, State
Kansas City, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 eddie bauer
Had a couple vacuum hoses slip off, not a big deal happens to me from time to time but one came off last night thats never come off before and I have no idea where it went. My camera didn't like the lighting and I didn't get a great picture but you can see the spot where a hose is missing. I was wondering where it goes so maybe I could find it.

DSCN0265.jpg

For reference this is directly to the right rear of the engine looking from the front.

Thank you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry messed up the img tags and thought I was editing not reposting.

One hose goes to the airbox and one goes to the Fuel Pressure Regulator (FPR).

Bob

One hose goes to the airbox and one goes to the Fuel Pressure Regulator (FPR).

Bob

Was able to trace a hose from both FPR and airbox and both were connect. There are a total of 6 hoses. I know those two are good, they lead to the back. I simply can't find an extra hose for this thing.

EDIT
Found a vacuum hose tree diagram and think it might be needing to head to cruise control, only problem is I don't know where that is. This is a 94 Eddie Bauer if that helps anyone.

SECOND EDIT
Just went ahead and capped it, not sure if it was cruise or not. I found a hose leading to something I think might be associated with cruise. It hasn't worked for a few months anyways so I didn't really care. So far no adverse affects from capping.

Try connecting it to the cruise it may work again.

Here's a vacuum diagram for your truck....

89684g56L.gif

I've done a little searching both on this site and in my truck. I can't find the other end of the Cruise Control. I had a similar set up to the picture above with the same hose missing. I think it is the one that the diagram instruct to go "to speed control". I don't seem to have any hose here at all, and have capped it for the time being, but would like my cruise back. Where does this line go? (a picture is worth a thousand words)

Cruise control vacuum canister is on the drivers side.. next to the fender, between the fluid resivior and the brake booster.

~Mark

Thanks Mark, you answer a lot of my questions. It seems like every question I post, you are the first to answer, I appreciate it.

Sorry, I couldn't get the camera to work, so I can't take a picture, but the hose that is disconnected on your vacuum tree is capped on mine, and the cruise is operating correctly.

Back