Truck Haven 2007 Feb. 10-11 Discussion Thread | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck Haven 2007 Feb. 10-11 Discussion Thread

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Might this be it :D

Thanks for the photo Tom and Jefe;)

How about some directions to that spot from 86 and S22. Once I have that, I'll send out an email.

I guess I missed it but what happened to the "usual" spot?

From the 86S make a right on to s22, as soon as the road starts to go uphill and the first road closed sign will be on the right as the picture shows. For those who have trailers or big RVs may want to pass it, go to the next available dirt road, and make a u-turn to get to an easier access road. Here is another pictures with descriptions of this. Hopefully they makes sense.

I stole them from Jefe's page. :D

BluffCamp.jpg

BluffCamp1.jpg

BluffsCamp2.jpg

if only i could make it to California in 5 days(from the northern tip of jersey) id go....

for the bigger rigs coming from the east you'll have go a little farther and make a 180*. With my parents RV and flatbed there is no way to doulble back in that close of space. There is a turn out a little farther down the road on the oppisite side.

On another note ...why are we on the bluf for this run? It's harder to get to for the RV's, it's alot smaller space, and there is no protection from the big "W". Just curious.:confused:

ill do umm...180MPH (approx) ill meet you there.

Ya know, I think I might enjoy meeting you all....

for the bigger rigs coming from the east you'll have go a little farther and make a 180*. With my parents RV and flatbed there is no way to doulble back in that close of space. There is a turn out a little farther down the road on the oppisite side.
Did you see my post with the color coded pictures? :)

On another note ...why are we on the bluf for this run? It's harder to get to for the RV's, it's alot smaller space, and there is no protection from the big "W". Just curious.:confused:
For the view.:p: :cool:

Jefe, if you still have yours, bring it out. Forget bottle rockets, that plane is going to get it this year!!! :p:
I'm briging this out...........forget potato launchers, how about OOO Buck????
1100.jpg

Rick I remember you were a little concerned about doing the pot luck incase some granolas drove by or something. Are we still planning for this?

Yep...

i have recently discovered health issues that limit my traveling for now (diabeties) but maybe one of these trips ill join in:)

The bluff has WAY more space than the "usual" spot. It also has no real soft spots - so no large RV can get stuck. Yes, it's a little bit more difficult to get into for the larger vehicles.

Most importantly, there is few families with kids roaring around the campers on motorcycles/ATV's up there.

The view is also better..

Most importantly, the granolas will be looking for people in the usual area(s) - which is normally just off North Marina Dr.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The bluff has WAY more space than the "usual" spot. It also has no real soft spots - so no large RV can get stuck. Yes, it's a little bit more difficult to get into for the larger vehicles.

Most importantly, there is few families with kids roaring around the campers on motorcycles/ATV's up there.

The view is also better..

Most importantly, the granolas will be looking for people in the usual area(s) - which is normally just off North Marina Dr.

Just needed a explanation. Thank Ya sir;)

Back