bumper bummer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

bumper bummer

chombon1962

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 xls
i im a newbie just bought a 02 explorer xls. the bumper is in bad shape i'm going to buy a bumper i the bumper that i have do not have a opening for the fog lights. i will like to know is it posible to buy a bumper for a xlt will it fit?, and install the fog lights grilles, how i go about wiring the fog lights. ideas ?

I have an 02 XLT, it did not have the fog lights or the wire harness
, or any other items. Started my search on E- Bay, found a light kit with all needed items for about $180.00. Ouch! Bid on a unit for $120.00. Ran a after market switch, from the inside ( my choise of location ) to the relay mounted next to the Power distribution box under the hood. Then used the harness for the rest of the set-up. Not sure if the XLT lower bumper will fit or not, it is worth a try. good luck

Guys try searching. Bigapple did the conversion and did a writeup on the subject.

i im a newbie just bought a 02 explorer xls. the bumper is in bad shape i'm going to buy a bumper i the bumper that i have do not have a opening for the fog lights. i will like to know is it posible to buy a bumper for a xlt will it fit?, and install the fog lights grilles, how i go about wiring the fog lights. ideas ?
I have collected a good store selling bumpers. I hope it will help youhttps://okmarts.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=bumper

Back