custom tube bumpers, may start selling what you think? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

custom tube bumpers, may start selling what you think?

91xon35s

Reaction score
City, State
fort collins colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 explorer
k guys me and a buddy just built a custom tube bumper with a stinger and all the goodies, we are possibly thinking about selling them cause everyone i show wants us to build one, i can post pics tom of it on my rig, but would there be any intrest in buying this style of bumper????:exporange

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:ttiwwp:

You will need Rick's aproval before you can start selling them here.

me if it wil fir a first gen.

Hes not pimping anything yet, hes just gauging interest

I know that. I'm just letting him know if he decides to make & sell them he will need Rick's O.K. to do so.

k guys here is a pic of it on my rig, remember i still havent done a winch mpount of anything on it, but after seeing it i might leave it how it is...(p.s. if you look in the pics the paint is peeling off cause we tryed a new ruberized bedliner in a can from walmart, worst 7 bucks i ever spent) also we didnt finsh the mounts up, we were kinda in a hurry casue i wanted to see it on my truck but this gives you an idea of it...

(lost photos)

let me know what yall think casue it was my first attempt at really doing anything of this sort, give me some feedback, whats good? whats bad? let me know

*if you click the pics they get bigger*

well i would like to have one...what are you charging...?

idk what would be a fair price on somthin like that

I don't need one, but for those watching, what kind of material are you using? Can you mount a winch to it? How does it bolt the frame?

well i think the new bumper is AWESOME. the only thing i think i'd change is the size of the stinger, i think making it a little shorter would really set it all off and make it perfect. just my 2 cents. and with that being said what kinda price are we talking here to get one like that made for my 2000 XLS hehehe and shipped to here :( :(

Ya, too much stinger. Need close up of weld quality. Keep it up.

idk what would be a fair price on somthin like that

well what do you want for one....ill be moving to thornton in the next ouple months and would pick it up....what is the cost fo your materials?

stinger maybe 6 to 8 inches shorter would not be to bad.

yeah for sure, bring the stinger head to about half of what it is now and she will be MINT....then i want one sent to me ;) ;)

let me know what yall think casue it was my first attempt at really doing anything of this sort, give me some feedback, whats good? whats bad? let me know

Not bad for your first attempt but it is far from a professional product to be selling. The stinger sticks way to far out. You wouldnt be able to do some of the NM trails purely based on the approach angle that the stinger takes away. Bring it in a good 30* or more and shorten it so you can draw a line from the top of the stinger to the top of the roof and have it be a few inches above the very front of the hood. Dont get me wrong, I like stingers if they do not take away from approach angle to much. Next, the stinger is not even supported. I know you said it is not done and maybe adding a winch mount would strengthen it up but at the very least it needs tube between the lower bar and the bar it is mounted on. The ends need caps, either weld on or ones you can buy at Home Depot that push in. Lastly, it appears you have a nice bender. IMO you should wrap (bend) the ends around to protect the side of the fender which would give it a cleaner look.

If it works for you as-is then that is all that matters. Those are just my suggestions and comments.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well if you can give me the price on the one you have but the stinger a litle smaller...i would like to have one and modify it my self thanks....

Back