Pics of my Lincoln LS nitrous setup... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pics of my Lincoln LS nitrous setup...

I know this is primarily dedicated to "Explorer" performance but I figured since I post here ALL the time and nowhere else that I would post the pics of my nitrous setup that I have in the LS here.

I have had this nitrous setup in the LS for close to a year now and have already posted ET's along with a dyno sheet and videos of me racing a 97 Cobra and a LS1 GTO. I have never really posted any pics of the setup though. The only reason why I felt like doing this now is because I just installed the remote nitrous bottle opener yesterday and ended up fabricating an entirely new hidden nitrous switch panel from scratch. Ok, well on with the pics. Enjoy. Disregard the dates on the pics, my cam is a POS and the date occassionally resets itself.

Attachments

• LS Exterior Pics 002.jpg
    LS Exterior Pics 002.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 2,713
  • Bottle, Opener & Extinguisher.jpg
    Bottle, Opener & Extinguisher.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 2,400
  • NX Bottle Opener.jpg
    NX Bottle Opener.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 2,429
  • Nitrous Switch Panel 1.jpg
    Nitrous Switch Panel 1.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 3,102

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

And another. I hid my blue purge button inside the 12V accessory plug housing. If you will notice, there is a little door that is flipped up in those pictures. When I flip that door down you would never expect that there are switches behind it, let alone a full progressive controller hidden behind the switch panel itself! ;)

Attachments

• Nitrous Switch Panel 2.jpg
    Nitrous Switch Panel 2.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 2,564

sweet but say by by to lower end

You apparently don't know too much about nitrous to say that comment man. I know enough about nitrous to be able to determine what these cars can take. :thumbsup:

Well I had a Taurus SHO with a hundo shot it and it grenaded the lower end!

The Taurus SHO and this engine are quite different man. One's failing has no bearing on the others ability to take the shot.

Trust me man, this is my DD so I tend to keep things not so crazy in it. I reserve that for KBX. If I thought for one minute that the nitrous would cause my bottom end to blow then it would be off of there. A 100 wetshot running it the way I am is just fine for this vehicle. I could go into all the safety precautions that I have in place with this system but this thread was meant more for enjoyment than uber tech talk.

The only reason most engines blow on a shot of nitrous is due to improper system setup, tuning, or use. Usually it is a combo of more than one of those mixed together. I have built quite a few vehicles in my time and know nitrous inside out as well as backwards. It is no problem for me to fabricate extremely reliable nitrous systems MUCH more complex (progressive multi stage direct port systems, etc.) than the one I have on my LS all from scratch. :thumbsup:

i love LS's! i missed the other threads you running what 1/4 mile with nitrous? what shot of nitrous are you running?

i love LS's! i missed the other threads you running what 1/4 mile with nitrous? what shot of nitrous are you running?

With a 2.2 60' (no traction) I have ran a 13.3 @ 106.5 MPH in the 1/4 mile on spray and a 14.2 @ 96 MPH N/A. I have trapped as high as 99 MPH when still N/A but that 14.2 run I hooked pretty solid which dropped my ET and slowed Trap Speed. If I ever get traction the car will see 12's no problem. I am already trapping plenty high enough to be solidly in the 12's.

I am running a progressive controlled 100 wetshot.

Here is a pic of the dyno graph from baseline compared to 100 shot. The car is modded and put down numbers similar to stock for baseline which means that the dyno read low. In actuality the car is putting down around 255-260rwhp N/A and close to 350rwhp on spray. The hp and tq lines are wavy till 4,700 rpms because that is where I had the progressive controller ramping the nitrous shot up. I have since reprogrammed the way the shot comes on so that is starts a little sooner and ramps up allot quicker.

Attachments

• LS Dyno Curves.JPG
    LS Dyno Curves.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 3,345

can I borrow this chart for my thread? hehehehe

wow really nice, would not expect that car to has nos, love how ya hid the switches, really nice job!

Honesly, If I saw that car on the street, I'd be thinking I was gonna spannnkk something.

Then I'd see tail lights and get depressed.

...weird....

In all the years I have been into cars, I have NEVER seen a dyno chart that made a LOOP like that!...

...explaination?

Ryan

...weird....

In all the years I have been into cars, I have NEVER seen a dyno chart that made a LOOP like that!...

...explaination?

Ryan

TC lockup. The dyno operator was a kid. I had to teach him how to export the .DRF files. I also had to instruct him on how to make a pull with my car on the dyno. Yes, he was a monkey but I wasn't covered on their insurance and he was so the dyno operator made the pulls with me standing by watching and filming as well as doing all my own logs and jetting/tuning.

Honesly, If I saw that car on the street, I'd be thinking I was gonna spannnkk something.

Then I'd see tail lights and get depressed.

I don't know about that Jake. These Gen 2 LS's even in stock form go 14.7's-14.9's in the 1/4 mile with a decent driver. But yeah, people don't expect much from it regardless. I guess you all have realized that I like sleepers. :D

BTW I posted a "dyno sheet" in your thread. I bet it will get a riot. Look at the file descriptions for a good laugh. Hehe.

I sure cannot wait till the weather clears back up and I have a chance to get my bottle filled again. After it gets warm again here then there should be allot more local meets to go to so I can take it out to have a little fun.

This thread makes me wanna giggle!:bsnicker: Nitrous aka laughing gas. Oh well me being kinda silly. Uhhh maybe cause this thread is a gas. Ohh, Ohh there I go again. Sometimes I enjoy amusing myself. I have had gas in my truck but mine was man made :fart:

Talking about a sleeper. THERE it is!!!!! In Lincoln form.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have had gas in my truck but mine was man made :fart:

Yeah, but you may not want to bottle that! WAAAAY too potent man! ;) Nitrous is MUCH safer than that!

Back