cgriffin's '98 NJ pre-runner build! | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

cgriffin's '98 NJ pre-runner build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
cgriffin's '98 NJ pre-runner build! WAS SOLD

Well after Truck Haven and talking to Stic-o. I have decided to go SAS and full width. I just bought a 79 Bronco w/ Dana 44 from a guy out of Utah, for $400 for the whole thing. I am going to have ?s so get ready her I come!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

magnum

zoolander.jpg

Iz also i have to put a fuel cell in it, were sould i put it? Ihave to put a spare in the back to.

Iz also i have to put a fuel cell in it, were sould i put it? Ihave to put a spare in the back to.
Yeah same here..

I'm going with an 8-10 gallon cell. The runs here in the east coast are too short for anything larger and in the event that I need something larger, I can always carry a jerry can.

But I was thinking of putting the cell under the rear seat. But I dunno how your links are going to be set up so this might not work for you.

The spare I'm going to keep as low as possible and put it right over the rear diff .. hopefully that will keep the CG pretty low.

You know I dont understand why you're paying some1 uber $$ to make this, you could have just waited a few months, brought the X to the east, and we coulda had a pre-runner build-off week :D

Yep...even the southern people might come up for that...

Yeah same here..

I'm going with an 8-10 gallon cell. The runs here in the east coast are too short for anything larger and in the event that I need something larger, I can always carry a jerry can.

I was thinking 15gal and i got a tow rig so gas is'nt a problem.

I was thinking 15gal and i got a tow rig so gas is'nt a problem.
Yeah I think thats a good size for you.

I gotta minimize the cell cauz one of my goals is to cut down the wheelbase to around 105" .. so space is limited considering a spare tire is a must down there and not on top where it wouldnt help with the CG.

But on that note, I must sleep, work early and a bike ride in the afternoon. Cya'll!

%7B9BC042C2-CF28-4C48-8BF8-3046C950948A%7D.jpeg

Yeah I think thats a good size for you.

I gotta minimize the cell cauz one of my goals is to cut down the wheelbase to around 105" .. so space is limited considering a spare tire is a must down there and not on top where it wouldnt help with the CG.

Yeah and how would you lift your spare up there? You + 12 of your snowboarding buddys!:D

Can you post an overall shot of the back? I want to see how far forward the body was cut.

Wow great :D

You need to take a step back and take a few pics of the overall vehicle :D

I hope so, the new 4.0 will be here next week. I got to find someone to do the tin work, i also need to order the glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back