auto matic to manual swap! what do i need? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

auto matic to manual swap! what do i need?

93explorer4life

Reaction score
City, State
Bloomfield, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
no curent
doing a manual swap taking a 94 manual and droping it in a 92 auto, what parts do i still need? i got the clutch/flywheel, tranny, transfer case, shifter stick, clutch and brake peddle, master cylinder, or slave i dont remember wich one it was, i have heard that you need the computer, is it true? a compleat list of what i need would be great! thanks and godbless!

TJ

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

electrical tape.

?????? electrical tape??? for what???

um. to place over the P R N D 2 1 gears on the dash. wrap up any wires. idk? lol

im pretty sure you need a computer...

Without knowing much about the swap itself, i would assume that you would need the computer out of any manual first gen with the same engine as yours. Don't think that you'd need to match it to a '92 or '94.

im pretty sure you need a computer...

I havent had any issues with my X since the swap and I didnt take the computer out and swap it. The swap is also pretty straight forward, iirc you have almost everything you need. The hardest part for me was getting it to start afterwards... Have to bypass the neutral safety switch in the wire harness that used to goto the auto (the 5 pin I think). To do so just splice 2 wires together, although I cant quite remember which ones. pink/blue stripe is one, not sure what the other is..

so what would i need to go automatic?

To go from manual to auto? In that case you might need the auto computer for your manual truck. And then well, the usual stuff; auto tranny, column shifter, gauge cluster, the auto brake pedal, kick down cable.. theres a few things. /shrug

oh ha oh well.

yes y would you go auto????? if you do plan on it! i have the auto stuff, not the tranny! but i do have the guage cluster, brake, column! computer!!!!!

Back