• Register Today It's free!

RCD shock and mount numbers.

AMMO_HOOAH

Reaction score
City, State
Spokane, Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Ex V8, AWD XLT
Just out of curiosity I got a hold or RCD today to see about basically getting the shocks and mounting brackets. They were more than happy to sell me everything I needed (a little fibbing doesn't hurt). I figured I'd share the part numbers with you guys.

Driver Side:
Upper 20-52498-9 $38.49
Lower 20-52498-11 $41.29
2 Tabs 20-52498-17 $6.04
Passenger Side:
Upper 20-52498-9 $38.49
Lower 20-52498-12 $41.29
2 Tabs 20-52498-17 $6.04
Shocks 20-52498-25 $600 (for both)
He said total shipped to me $820 give or take a few dollars.
Eibach 750# spings EIB-12002500750 $150 (for both)

The only issue with the shocks is that they can't sell them without the springs because of some agreement with Bilstein. The reason I call this a "problem" is that boomin has shown that the 600# springs they have are too light for the v8 4 door. Let me know what you guys think of this as a feasible option to rid myself of t-bars.

PS How are those 750# springs working out for you boomin?

EDIT: I am adding this in from post #35 so all part numbers will be on this first post ~ Gerald
I found another part you will need to complete this conversion.
You will need 2 shock mount spacers 1 for each side part # 20-833167 $5.20 each.
Chad

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you could go with a straight axle conversion

you could go with a straight axle conversion

I would er will should I say when I have a second vehicle, so this one can be down for the weeks the fabrication would take.

Just another tidbit of info for everyone on here.

The RCD (Bilstein) shocks measure out at:
Collapsed 14.625
Extended 19.125
Spring 12" 600#

So all this being said here's what I'm thinking.......
A pair of Fox 2.0X6.5 shocks $220 ea (ebay) (19.35 ex -12.85 col)
A pair of Hypercoil 12" 750# $60 ea (wherever)
All the brackets from RCD $170ish

No more t-bars for $730ish. Am I missing anything here? :scratch:

Now I just need to figure out how the fox shocks should be tuned for a truck like this. I only half understand what's involved anyway. More/less nitrogen pressure = firmer/softer, more/less oil=? Any advice?

Now I just need to figure out how the fox shocks should be tuned for a truck like this. I only half understand what's involved anyway. More/less nitrogen pressure = firmer/softer, more/less oil=? Any advice?
You shouldn't really have to mess with nitrogen pressure, and you always have to have the proper amount of oil. The tuning is done with a combination of oil viscosity and valve shim packs. A good shop should be able to valve the shock pretty accurately if you give them the spring rate you'll be using, and what you'll be using the truck for.

Don't go with the RCD shocks, they have no travel (as you can see). They limit way before my balljoints do. I would run a 750 or 800 lb spring rate. I have a decent amount of pics in my gallery if you need some.

Sounds good, thanks for all the info guys.

I stumbled across FOA shocks today, and wondered if anyone has heard anything about them they're about $50 cheaper then the Fox ones I'm looking at. Also they have a nifty little spring rate calculator I'm going to try out if I can ever figure out how to weigh the front tires separately.

my rcd brackets should be here tuesday thats what the tracking says and i will be able to put my lift on i have the fox shox your talking about and i cant wait to see how this works out for the both of us

my rcd brackets should be here tuesday thats what the tracking says and i will be able to put my lift on i have the fox shox your talking about and i cant wait to see how this works out for the both of us

Cool man let me know how it goes just installing the brackets and shocks. I think I'll end up going with FOAs just because I'm not going to be desert racing and it'll save me a $100.

yeah here you on that one mine is going to take a little longer b/c i have to put the superlift part on to, but i will let you know with lots of pics

Not much here, still working on the rest of my list of stuff, but tires will be this weekend. After that it'll be gears, lockers, then I'll start gathering stuff for the coilovers.

Driver Side:
Upper 20-52498-9 $38.49
Lower 20-52498-11 $41.29
2 Tabs 20-52498-17 $6.04
Passenger Side:
Upper 20-52498-9 $38.49
Lower 20-52498-12 $41.29
2 Tabs 20-52498-17 $6.04

The 2 tabs you have listed for $6.04, what are they for?

It's 2 per side, and I'm not totally sure what they're for. I think they weld to the upper shock mount as reinforcement.

Thanks for the help...

I ordered the mounts today, and the tabs are the gussets for the top mount.

Now I am going to start my search for shocks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The Fox 2.0X6.5 shocks are the right length and size for it all to work. I've seen them on e-bay for $220 a piece. Good luck definitely keep us up to date on how it goes.

Back