Ouray, CO Labor Day Weekend (CCR 07?) | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ouray, CO Labor Day Weekend (CCR 07?)

Too many first names, I don't know who is talking to who :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

:p:

He (Brian1) is talking to offroader_69_me (Marshall), Mike is MrBoyle, Jeff is FlyBoyCoe... that should cover all of them ;)

This is why I have my name in my signature :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Meeting Time Change!

On Saturday we are planning on doing black bear which is a pretty popular trail. There is also some kind of 4x4 event going on the same weekend so to avoid traffic jams we plan to meet at 7:30 and leave at 8 on Saturday only.

Is that ok with everyone? I am going to have to bring a few Monsters for the mornings on this trip so I dont drive off the road :D

Meeting Time Change!

On Saturday we are planning on doing black bear which is a pretty popular trail. There is also some kind of 4x4 event going on the same weekend so to avoid traffic jams we plan to meet at 7:30 and leave at 8 on Saturday only.

Is that ok with everyone? I am going to have to bring a few Monsters for the mornings on this trip so I dont drive off the road :D

Bring it on! :thumbsup:

I am sorry to say that I will not be able to go this labor day. I have many things that I need to get done on the truck but mainly work/school. I find this funny cause I remember reading about 07 moab and I was hoping to get a few things done to my truck to make that run, and now it seems that I am trying to get more things done to make 08

Hop in with me.. I gotta drive right past Johnstown ;)

Your not making this any easier for me!!! GRRR :D

I do not have school on Monday the 3rd, So no problem there...
Work is the issue, I was able to get Monday off and part of Sunday (I am going in for a few hours and getting out early), but still working Sat. night :(

Since I was able to get the monday and part of sunday off I will be going to the pepsi all-american highschool drags, I will be camping out side the gates at bandimere sunday night and watching the races all day monday. If I get the t-case swap done by then I will prolly run my X down the track (and a few smokey burnouts in the waterbox if the 33"s are willing to spin), but if I can't get it done in time then I don't think I will do to the fact of...99 5.0L weighing in at prolly a bit less then 6,000lbs with all gear and not to metion AWD, stock 3.73's with 33" AT's

but thanks so much for the offer, I wish I could...
ethier way we will have to meet up sometime, maybe just do a little meet and greet and go out to eat, or find a few local trails we could run...

So our first football game of the season is on Saturday, and it's a mandatory event for all cadets, so I'm pretty much hosed for the Black Bear run, but I am going to try to make it out there Sat night and run with you guys Sunday and Monday. Any plans for those days?

Meeting Time Change!

Brian; dude you're the trail boss so whenever you want to leave on Sat am is cool with me. :thumbsup: I just have to make sure I get up and out of the Ouray KOA in time :D
I know Ouray is small, but where are we planning on meeting up? This way I can gas up, get ice, etc Friday night when I get into town.

Douglas, the meeting place is the rotary park aka ice park on the north end of ouray. It will be on your left as you are driving into Ouray from the KOA. It is kind of small with gravel parking space and a big rock wall on the side of the park that is popular with ice climbers in the winter time.

As far as filling up I usually use the gas station in Ridgway which is about 10 minutes north of Ouray (plus it is right across the street from where I am staying :p: ) There is 1 or 2 small stations in Ouray I think.

Also FYI Ridgway has better food IMO and thats probably where I will eat in the evenings. If you guys dont want to cook we could all meet up there. Something we can talk about the first day on the trail.

Brian,

Thanks man... that helps a ton! I have watched Ice Climbing shows there so it'll be cool to see the exact area. :)

I appreciate the heads up about Ridgway and the food and accomodations there. :thumbsup:

Brian,

Thanks man... that helps a ton! I have watched Ice Climbing shows there so it'll be cool to see the exact area. :)

I appreciate the heads up about Ridgway and the food and accomodations there. :thumbsup:

As long as you know where we're going ;)

I've driven through Ouray, but I came from the south on 550 and continued north to Ridgeway and on to Telluride

Doug - what time are you wanting to leave the Denver area on Friday? I've got class till 2

Dude... you gotta check your PM's!:D

I was hoping on leaving Littleton at about noon -- I'm supposed to have off on Fri because I already have 57 hours of the 80 I need to have by Fri!! :eek: :p: , so hopefully I can leave when I want to. At worst if I end up leaving earlier than you... we can trade cell numbers and get in touch with each other on the road (when in service areas :D ).
If you have any firewood, bring some... I'm hoping to have a bit to bring down for a frosty or soda around the fire :chug:

We are wheeling at least a little bit on Monday, right?

Mike, when are you planning on getting to the KOA?

Here's a link to some photos from a buddy's club of the Land Rover Rally they had in Ouray 10 days ago... it's to a web-board with a ton of links with pictures of Imogene, Yankee Boy, Black Bear, Poughespie, and some crazier trails in the Ouray area... I guess they ran into a rolled Pathfinder on Yankee Boy and an Xterra on Imogene; they had some crazy weather on some of their trail rides :p:

http://forum.solihullsociety.org/viewforum.php?f=13&sid=c3cc8816b9bdeb667e4499b6e453ab84

They're worth perusing :thumbsup:

You guys are gonna have a stupendously great time. I truly wish I could join you, but Life and Distance prevent me from coming. That area is the favorite for Ashli and I (we even named our dog "Durango" - but only because "Ouray" would have sounded too weird for a dog's name, LOL).... Brian if you get this going again as a yearly CCR run like the old days *hint* we WILL make sure we plan ahead and schedule this for next year :thumbsup:

Enjoy yourselves!

Thanks Gerald. It would be nice to plan something big next year to get you out this way again :thumbsup:

We are wheeling at least a little bit on Monday, right?

Hadnt planned on it, I guess we could. Engineer Pass would take you over to Lake City and then you could take the 149 highway back but that puts me way out of the way to go back to Abq. The Ouray side of Engineer pass is slow going but once you reach the top it is pretty fast down into Lake City. Would probably take 3 hours total Im guessing. California/Corkscrew pass/gulch is easier and quite scenic but puts you back into Silverton which is not out of the way for me but puts you CO guys a little farther away from home plus it takes probably a half day.

The best bet for me is Ophir pass on Monday since I was going to go home through Telluride and Cortez anyway but again that is much farther out of the way for you CO guys.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah, thanks Gerald... it'd be cool to wheel with you outside of Moab :D

The best bet for me is Ophir pass on Monday since I was going to go home through Telluride and Cortez anyway but again that is much farther out of the way for you CO guys.

:thumbsup: Ophir is cool... just nice to be on the dirt for a bit on Monday is mainly what I was after. But Ophir's perfect... it'll offer some view of scenery S. of the other trails. Then I'll just take the 145 out to get me back towards home.

Back