Cybergasm's 1991 Explorer XLT 4x4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cybergasm's 1991 Explorer XLT 4x4

Well now that I have a motor on the way and this truck will see the road again. It time to start a new thread on my other Explorer.:D

1991 Explorer XLT 4X4

I purchased this Truck in June 2007 for the measly sum of 800.00;) from the previous owner who resided in Mesa AZ. Ran and Drove but had engine problems so it had to trailered home to California. Where it has sat for the last few months waiting patiently for new motor. Here are some specs on it

The Vehicle:
'91 Explorer XLT model 145k on the clock.
OHC V-6 Auto Trans Manual T-case Manual Hubs:thumbsup:
4/5 inch Superlift? Ditched the Front springs in Favor of Pro Comp Springs
Reworked Extended Superlift Radius Arms.
3 Inch Body Lift
35X12.50/15 Pro Comp X Terrains on 15X10 Black Rockcrawler type rims
CB
Pioneer Stereo with Sirius Sat Radio
Prerunner Style Front Bumper
Square Tube Rear Bumper

MODS
Currently has the stock Exhaust back in it.
Jet Chip performance module
Back to using the Stock MAF
Modified Throttle Body
Stock Air Box with a K&N filter
Headman Headers
Zukman Desighned Shackles :D
Zukman Designed Sliders :D
Super lift shocks front and rear
Pro-Comp Front Steering Stabilizer
2nd Gen Leather Seats
Center Console

Here are some Photos from when i first go it.

0101070102040104032007060417c4a0a91615c8ff550055e2.jpg

010100010207010411200706041841cd9fb1c6b0422c000fe3.jpg

010107010212010309200706043ded07d70b2e4eb9fb0090bd.jpg

[/I]

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice truck ya got there :thumbsup:

Thanks X92Exploder

thats a nice looking truck...good find

Well It's time to drag this beast home. U-Haul might not let you tow there junk with an Explorer. But you can load an Explorer on their junk.:D

Photo's:

Here it is all loaded up ready to roll
cybergasm_129.jpg

It was no fun having to change the tires 100+ degree heat to make it fit:(
cybergasm_128.jpg

Except for some crosswinds and idiot truck drivers the trip was pretty uneventful and got it home in one piece:D

So from June 07-Aug 07 it has sat doing nothing more than collecting dust while i was trying to find a motor to get it on the road. Been doing little things to it like removing the guards in front of the headlights and removing the taillight guards. And oh yea putting back on the 33's:D

Now it's Aug 07 and thing are starting to happen, some good some bad:(. Like almost having to sell this truck to pay rent but got things worked out so the truck was spared. :D Then some guy named Stic-o came along and said "I gotta a good deal on a bumper for ya":p: So i took him up on it and now.....

I have a rear bumper no more trying to figure out how i am gonna get the spare on the roof:salute:

Attachments

• Aug13_0003.jpg
    Aug13_0003.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 5,608

ANd then another Guy by the name of Clarkkent came along and says "hey buddy I see you're looking for some seats I got some for ya!":D So a few more dollars spent and with the help of Tbars4 providing transportation and purchasing a center console from another user here i now have leather bucket seats from 1998 mounty installed and of course the center console:D

Still have to find the rest of the stuff for the center console
photo's

Attachments

• Aug21_0002.jpg
    Aug21_0002.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 3,231

And finally now for the big moment finally got the motor I been needing....

It came from a 1993 Ranger Supercab 4x2 with a 5spd tranny with about 85k on the clock even has a new clutch in it :D and the guy i bought it from gave me everything short of the kitchen sink with it, the whole engine compartment harness, computer, radiator the Entire A/C system still sealed;) extra TB and all the rest of the accessories attached to the engine, the Flowmaster muffler
shifter for the trans and even the complete clutch setup still attached to the trans(master/slave cylinder):eek: and it even has headers and a modified TB.

I'll get photo's up later after i get this thing unloaded:confused:

Well it only took a week to get it unloaded but finally got it done and the motor is ready to install in the truck gonna work on it today and tomorrow and see if i can get this done.:D Oh yeah i picked these up yesterday:cool::D

Too Bad i never installed these. Found out later they were too short the lifted TTB suspension and therefore sold them:(

Attachments

• explorer010.jpg
    explorer010.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 3,167

...i got your message this eve and i was in a meeting...i ran to the computer to see your write up and none was to be found...fill us in.....:bounce: :bounce: :D

Did I miss something? whats with the RIP beside the 99? I haven't been on much last week or so

Very nice explorer, that is the best color combo ford ever offered (i had a 92 with the light over dark tan)! Are there plans for some suspension modifications beyong the installation of those bilsteins?

...i got your message this eve and i was in a meeting...i ran to the computer to see your write up and none was to be found...fill us in.....:bounce: :bounce: :D
Well As of last Tuesday I finally after week and a half of toiling i got the motor in and running had a few probs but got everything worked out in the end and the motor sounds good. now i am just waiting to go to the DMV to get the registration started so i can drive FINALLY!!!!
I have some photos i will post up later.

Did I miss something? whats with the RIP beside the 99? I haven't been on much last week or so

Yea it called the bank finally came and got it.

Very nice explorer, that is the best color combo ford ever offered (i had a 92 with the light over dark tan)! Are there plans for some suspension modifications beyong the installation of those bilsteins?

Yes i have lots of ideas for the suspension in the near future just want to get it running for T-Haven and whatever runs are coming up. and finally be able to drive it :D :D :bounce: :bounce:

...did you get her registered??? can you do a trail sunday morning??? what happened with the new pics??? :D

...did you get her registered??? can you do a trail sunday morning??? what happened with the new pics??? :D

Won't happen this Sunday due to the fact that i am in the middle of moving right now and i have'nt been to the DMV yet but will be next week just gotta be out of the old place by Wed.:(

But on other news i did "drive" the explorer on thursday:D now i found a few problems i need to work out like:
Firing order was f'up now fixed
trans won't shift even tho it did before the engine change. think i have found the problem i forgot to hook up both ends of the vacuum line :rolleyes: but need to drive it again to make sure everything is kosher there.
exhaust leaks exhaust leaks exhaust leaks:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
take care of one and find another repeat process again:p:

but it's getting there slowly but surely
Pics will be posted next week after i get done moving and can back on more regular...man i miss this place

...so are you moving up by ritsui??? if so, we might all need to come help you guys move out next week if that fire heads that way...
...btw, i got 2 killer muffler shops not to far from me...;)

...so are you moving up by ritsui??? if so, we might all need to come help you guys move out next week if that fire heads that way...
...btw, i got 2 killer muffler shops not to far from me...;)

Nah for the time being i am moving back in with sister in West Covina untill i get things organized again.

are these 2 muffler shops any good at sealing up header leaks?? this is my main source of trouble..

...no, they won't...i got a dragster welder in my shop compound but i haven't seen him in a week or 2, he's on the race circuit...
...are you sure the leaks can't be fixed with gaskets...if the headers are cracked i would either replace with stock or new headers...cheap headers tend to do that often...
...first, did you find a tag on your headers...if not, they won't run it thru smog anyway...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nope i found the spot where the tag WAS but it's gone.

Back