• Register Today It's free!

truck bed cover options

cmaupin

Reaction score
City, State
Gilbert, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'07 Sport Trac XLT
Hello all. I just purchased my 07 sport trac last week and I love it. Traded in my 06 explorer. The one option it didn't have was the hard bed cover that locks. I've looked on ford's website and to buy it there, it's almost $1200. I would like one that I can lock or is not openable with the talegate closed. Does anyone have any recommondations?

thanks,

Chad

:salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my 2007 sport trac i bought a hard tonneau cover it lock. it fold in half front or back in use or can it off. i cost is 595.00:thumbsup:

I just purchased my second Sport trac, an 08 Vapor Silver Limited. My 04 did not have a cover and drove me mad for the 3 years I owned it. The options from the Ford dealer were very limited. While they did offer other hard covers than the OEM one, none of them locked - which for me in NY is practically worthless.

I reluctantly shelled out the $1200 and picked it up anyhow and installed it myself. IMO it is well worth it.

What I did not know when I was looking around, is that the 07 covers will fit an 08. Neither did any of the places I checked out. This would have been useful and greatly increased my options.

Hi All.. Just got a new (07) sport track ltd with the 4.6 I had my dealer install a rear camara which really helps the rear sensors so a good job of telling me who is behind me... I hope to learn more about this very enjoyable plaything.
My only concern is the 'mushy' feel of the brakes... they requirealot of pressure and stop slowly.. any suggestions ?

your best bet for brake help would be to start a new thread that is titles with something like "07 ST brake help" or something to that effect...

Chad

The stock or factory bed top is lockable, one note, the keys even if you get it as a preloaded option from the factory, will not be the same as the bed/door keys. Oh well, minor inconvienance.

I checked around for other tops, found some cheaper ones, but didn't see any I liked better than the Ford unit.

g'luck

The stock or factory bed top is lockable, one note, the keys even if you get it as a preloaded option from the factory, will not be the same as the bed/door keys. Oh well, minor inconvienance.

Actually, I just picked up my '07 today and the keys are the same for the doors/gate AND the cover. Maybe it's recent production change.

I had the OEM cover when I bought my '07, but sold it and got an Undercover for it. I've had an Undercover on my Rangers in the past and love them.

They are a full length cover with locks and a light. They are also strong enough to stand on and also come down over the edges and tailgate - plus are waterproof. Here is the link to them:

http://www.undercoverinfo.com/

Here are pics on my ST.

IMG_5107.jpg

IMG_5108.jpg

IMG_5109.jpg

Beautiful !! What is the cost of the tonneu??

Beautiful !! What is the cost of the tonneu??

I believe they run somewhere around $600-$650 depending on the shop. I got mine a little cheaper from a friend at a local shop. :D

Thats really nice. I am also looking at my options. 2 quick question for CobraXP

1. Does the hardcover remove for transporting large items?
2. ARe those WeatherTech rain visiors on your windows?

Thats really nice. I am also looking at my options. 2 quick question for CobraXP

1. Does the hardcover remove for transporting large items?
2. ARe those WeatherTech rain visiors on your windows?

Yes, the cover is removeable. I can take it off and put it on my myself. You release two screw knobs on the front and disconnect the rear lifts.

Yes, they are the in-channel WeatherTech's. No tape or anything. They fit snug and do a pretty good job...

Hey Cobra,
I am interested in purchasing an undercover tonneau for my '07 ST. how is the quality of the material and also, did you have to trim anything for the mounting brackets to install?

Thanks,
Jason

Quality is great. I haven't had the first problem with mine. Easy to clean, sturdy, and fitment is on. I've never had to trim anything to get one on. I actually took a 10mm with me when I picked the cover up and put it on in the parking lot of the store (left the box and shipping packaging there in their dumpster). Everything is direct bolt on and fit. It took me roughly 10 minutes to install, but I have installed them before, so it might take 30 minutes for someone reading the instructions. :D

I had the OEM cover when I bought my '07, but sold it and got an Undercover for it. I've had an Undercover on my Rangers in the past and love them.

They are a full length cover with locks and a light. They are also strong enough to stand on and also come down over the edges and tailgate - plus are waterproof. Here is the link to them:

http://www.undercoverinfo.com/

Here are pics on my ST.

IMG_5107.jpg

IMG_5108.jpg

IMG_5109.jpg

i was wondering if you had problems with your oem tonneau cover before you sold it and got an undercover?
did your oem leak, because i cannot decide on what bed cover to get.
the oem tonneau or the undercover one?

and can you post pics of the tonneau cover from where i can see the front of the car as well?
also can you post more pics of your undercover please?

Back