ExplorerForum AZ run March 23 2008 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ExplorerForum AZ run March 23 2008

Ahh, always a conflict:(

Hopefully being a holiday weekend will help, rather than hinder...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

lol 22nd 2 days before my b day thats good for me btw no one replyed am i gonan be ok stock with some 31x10.50's?

ya... i just looked at the pics from the 2003 run and unless he just took pics of the good stuff i am so out classed lol....

Ill be a maybe also, see if i ever have time to finish a few things.

We did a little Crown King run earlier this year.. (only 2 of us)..

The other X was a stock 1st gen with the rear sway bar removed. The first section of the trail can be as easy or as hard as you want.. The 2nd part only had two hard spots.. both from erosion but he made it over w/out help.. He did cut a tire on one of the climbs (had to drive on a RR tie and there was a nail type thing on it that caught the side of his tire)..

You might need a little help on a few spots but I still think a stock 4x4 can make it through there..

I'll see if I can find the thread from that run..

~Mark

edit: I found the thread.. and it was cloaked chaos and his dad that also went..

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179102&page=3&highlight=crown+king

post 78 is the start of the return info..

cool sounds good it wouldnt be wheeling with out a few hard spots :p

Dannyboy, I hope my spring break lines up then I am totally there. I will have to check. It would be my first EF run!

hmmmmm im interested. maybe come out and not drive. i have a fear of really far away, really difficult places adn no trailer. just have a bad feeling that i wouldn't be able to drive home

^--- phsaaa.. thats not the attitude of a BMX-er :p:

ok, ill bring my bike. i never break that thing. but my car seems to break everytime i take it out. out of state would be taboo

That why u rent a trailer for the weekend just tell em ur hauling a 1991 mountaineer;) they'll never know the difference.:D

or just being a big tool box and your mechanic and spare parts and it all good:thumbsup:

Thats some pretty cool stuff RJ -- stuff some of us can only wish we could pull off ;)

Haha, great ending!! :D

If you're not sponsored, you should send it to Fuel TV. Just add at the end you in front of the cam, "Hi my name is Robbie Krumm from Lakewood, CA. I'm 18 (or however old you are) and I'm unsponsored." :thumbsup:

thanks guys! i rather not get sponsered. getting in good with some companies would be cool, but its just a hobbie. but its like offroading, you join into a whole comunity and meet alot of cool people and go cool places. like i said, i never really brake my bike, so now that i have one again (last one got stolen) im fine, just wanna ride, no sponsers.

hey so what was that AZ run we were talking about? haha

Umm, yeah, get out here for it. If you break it you can take my superduty and trailer and go home with it...or we fix it at my place. Worst case scenario I've got a Dana44, 5.13s, Detroit, CTMS, alloy shafts, extended arms on heims that conveniently bolts right up to the tranny crossmember all sitting in my backyard. We'll have you on the road within hours.

And bring that bike, there's a park a half mile from my house.

haha dannyboy's there to bail me out again! its a long time away, i'll see if i can go. its a pretty far drive, might have to set it up to go to vegas on the way back (jim gets free rooms all the time) :thumbsup:

ok ok, if i go, i'll bring the nav and my bike, but i also wanna be ready for moab. so no major breakage would have to happen (yeah right :D)

moab is usually in may? yes no?

Its not that far.. I drove 400 miles or so to the TH run.. (planning on doing it again for the TH thanksgiving run).

Its only a 6-8 hour drive (depending on how fast you drive.. My normal max crusing is 70mph).

~Mark

Man I miss those days when I used to ride like that. I don't think I could do half that shiznit anymore. :(

Oh and Danny I was out there in Mesa this weekend. :D Its not that far of a drive RJ. I drove it strait last night with only one stop for gas. It is a pretty kewl drive too. I didn't get to see much sence I was driving at night mostly.:rolleyes:

I put over a thousand miles on my rig this weekend. I can't wait to go back and work the Gobli out on some of the nice Cactus dirt ;) hehe.:D

I might have to just move out there so I can just go 15 minutes in any direction and I can drive on dirt.:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ok ok ok ok ok! i'll come! you convinced me.

Back