Project: RangerX gets full width D44 + 8.8 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Project: RangerX gets full width D44 + 8.8

I've talked about it for years, but today it's official. :D
I have taken possession of a HP D44 out of a 79 F150, and an 8.8 out of a 91 F150, in a deal I could not pass up from 90ranajo. :salute:
Don't know when I'll actually start the procedure, it may be a few months, but when I do, it will be a very basic, verrryyy bargain basement type of build. The front will be your basic radius arm, coil spring setup, and the rear will be my current leafs bolted to the new 8.8. I will aim for max flex from this setup, and probably modify/improve on it slowly over time, as funds permit. ;)

Her is some photographic proof. D44 is complete, but partially disassembled.
(chihuahua for scale :p:)

Attachments

• 111907 004.jpg
    111907 004.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 2,079

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When are you going to register on Pirates? I bet you could trade a few tikis for most of the parts that you will need to do this.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

wowee wow wow another ttb dies

trading tikis for solid axle = kickass! great idea

Looking forward to seeing your truck with the doubler and full widths for sure

can't wait to see this build up

subscribing

can't wait to see this build up

Me too. :D But it'll be awhile, while I accumulate parts, and get rid of other (TTB) parts.

Congrats bill! Sweet to see your truck progress to the next level. I wouldn't put heims on anything I own again. They suck so much. I am working hard to get mine all off. Just for reference, they lasted on my trackbar when my truck was a DD for about 8 months before they got sloppy and started causing death wobble. $50 per joint every eight months sucked. I like the RE Superflex Joints and I will use them along with one poly joint on the links I build from now on.

I have BC coils and I dig them. They flex and ride well. Mine are the 6.5" with winch coils. I had some superlift and some WH 5.5 progrssive coils. I like the BCs the best by far. Chuck even corresponded with me on email just to make sure I was getting what I needed. I alos used full height f150 coil buckets, so that is part of why I needed the 6.5" coils.

Me too. :D But it'll be awhile, while I accumulate parts, and get rid of other (TTB) parts.

i'll have to keep check on your for sall thread, being that im still a little guy with i-beams.

well i always wondered when your gonna go solid axle, but i do congrat you on running 37's with the ttb, your the only one i know of that's done that.

well now we have to update the list of "people that are bound to go solid axle"

maniak
90ranajo
410fortune (sorry jamie, i know you love the ttb)
bkennedy
tbars

i'll have to put more in when i remember them :D

well now we have to update the list of "people that are bound to go solid axle"

maniak
90ranajo
bkennedy
tbars

i'll have to put more in when i remember them :D

Ahem !;)

...shhh, i'm waiting to see how long it takes him to include himself...:popcorn:

you know waht cyber? i always think of your avatar picture, which is pretty far from a solid axle :rolleyes:

i don't plan on going on the list.

the list is mainly for those people that have wheeled thier explorer forever but still have the ttb. or those guys that you thought were straight axle until you meet them in person and find out they're still on beams. but i guess the list is really just for anyone that you have that "feeling" they're gonna go solid axle.

will mine go solid? no one will ever know. i don't plan on our truck going that extreme. but im sure plenty of people have said that :confused:

...well now we have to update the list of "people that are bound to go solid axle"

maniak
90ranajo
bkennedy
tbars

I don't think I'll be going solid anytime soon. If I do it will be with a new ranger frame and cab.

you know waht cyber? i always think of your avatar picture, which is pretty far from a solid axle :rolleyes:

I know i need to change it but can't a new one resized correctly with junk programs i have:(

but i guess the list is really just for anyone that you have that "feeling" they're gonna go solid axle.

uh huh i was talking about this the other night with IZ:D

will mine go solid? no one will ever know. i don't plan on our truck going that extreme. but im sure plenty of people have said that :confused:

as far as you have taken that truck so far.......never say never:thumbsup:

Just caught this thread Bill. Can't wait to see your Ranger on a "new" SA!

I say we rename this thread to "This Old Ranger"...

Congrats, can't wait to get you stuck with the SA!

a quicky

Attachments

• thisoldranger.gif
    thisoldranger.gif
    6.5 KB · Views: 494

so are you going to wait till after the january to do this? cause that would be fine by me, that way you can still go to truckhaven :D

No way will this happen before the Jan run!

But definately before the Jan 09 run. ;)

so this means you'll make it to the jan run ;)

I have BC coils and I dig them. They flex and ride well. Mine are the 6.5" with winch coils. I had some superlift and some WH 5.5 progrssive coils. I like the BCs the best by far. Chuck even corresponded with me on email just to make sure I was getting what I needed. I alos used full height f150 coil buckets, so that is part of why I needed the 6.5" coils.

quick hijack

bc coils??? from where and how much$$$ are you REALLY happy or just happy?

end hijack!

Really, really happy. The flex great, ride great. I dig them. It wheels good and drives good. I had a set of WH and superlifts, so I have something to compare them to.

Back