Show us your custom bumper photos!! | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Show us your custom bumper photos!!

I posted this one several times already... looking for someone to duplicate:
496Explorer_bumper.jpg

bought it overseas... just got it. It should be on my truck by the end of this weekend.
:D

I have been looking for this same style......does anyone here in the states make this or something close to it that you can buy outright?????? Very awsome!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

too bad I sold the truck...
:(

you could probably make an ARB bumper from another vehicle work on the Explorer - someone has to try first.

Yeah, that's the ARB bull bar. Pricey, and not all that strong. I've seen a friend bend the one on his XJ. We made a replacement from plate that is much stronger.

No listing for an Explorer. If it were me, and I wanted one, I'd purchase one that fits a similar width vehicle, like the XJ (do some measuring) then I'd just have someone custom fab the mounts for it. No big deal. If you live anywhere close to Louisville, I'd be happy to quote you the work to make it fit. Otherwise, there are good fab shops and individuals like me all over the place.

that was not an ARB... that was custom built and pretty strong... I brought that bumper over from europe - the picture is of a truck that the owner had the bumper custom built for - never could force the guy to build a second one.

:(

I can fab up a bumper myself...I was jut wondering if anyone made something like this that can be purchased to bolt right on. I hope you dont mind if I use this picture as a build plan for my own.

I can fab up a bumper myself...I was jut wondering if anyone made something like this that can be purchased to bolt right on. I hope you dont mind if I use this picture as a build plan for my own.

I do have more pictures... page 23 of my gallery... close-up pictures.

Where did you find those bumpers?

Front:
3817Bumper_3_a.jpg

Rear:
3817DSCF0136-med.jpg

I have actually drawn pictures of the bumpers I want on my Explorer and they look pretty darn close to those. Are they really Cherokee bumpers and if so can you send me the serial numbers and cost? Did you have to do much modding to get them to work?

Here's something I found in Germany... this Explorer had a V10 installed and front and rear bumpers... that's all I know about it for now... it was modified in Switzerland... front bumper is an ARB modified to fit (most likely off a Ranger) - rear bumper had been fabbed. Sorry for such small pictures, will post bigger ones once I get them...

v10_198.jpg

v10a_209.jpg

I have actually drawn pictures of the bumpers I want on my Explorer and they look pretty darn close to those. Are they really Cherokee bumpers and if so can you send me the serial numbers and cost? Did you have to do much modding to get them to work?

Front bumper was from http://www.protofab4x4.com/products.php?ID=05
and is for a XJ. Had to cut the front six inches off the frame, weld a plate across the space and then weld bumper tabs to that. Then ended up cutting the tabs off the bumper and moving it in about four inches because it stuck out too far. Light bar and shackle mounts were added also. No serial numbers.

Rear bumper was made by me out of 7x7" square beam 1/4" thick with the back cut off with a plasma cutter to match the original bumper.

Dre, that lowered explorer in your last post looks sweet. Not sure why he needs those beefy bumpers on a lowered ex with low-pros, but it still looks good.

and this thing is for sale... let me get more info from Polish Explorer Forum... I should be able to find out which ARB bumper they used...

Here's something I found in Germany... this Explorer had a V10 installed and front and rear bumpers... that's all I know about it for now... it was modified in Switzerland... front bumper is an ARB modified to fit (most likely off a Ranger) - rear bumper had been fabbed. Sorry for such small pictures, will post bigger ones once I get them...

v10_198.jpg

v10a_209.jpg

Hmmm you gotta a web site addy for this X?

here a little more from translating it using babble fish
56,000 km, 229 KW (311 HP), gasoline, mechanism, Year 08/99. Air conditioning system, grey, 4 doors

Fuel consumption approx.: 13.7 l/100km CO2-Emissions approx.: 350 g/km

Characteristics: ABS, all-wheel drive, leather equipment, light alloy wheels, seat heating, el. Window lifter Description: V10 engine from Ford Expedition, Differential with air switchable, 20 inch aluminum rims, repaired accident damage. Dealer: Lindgaard automobiles Schlehenweg 3 D-30855 Langenhagen Tel.: +49 - (0)163/5543445 fax: +49 - (0)511/5420894 email to the offerer

What the heck here's the one I made for my BII.

61.jpg

bumper2.jpg

Bumper1.jpg

I dont know why it looks like the bumper is sticking out so far in that pic, its only 4 or 5 inches out and a quarter inch wider than the truck on both sides.

I'll Update mine...again

Front:
P1010014_2.jpg

Rear....70% done;)

P1010019_1.jpg

rear_bump2_0.jpg

Custom tube rear with swing-out tire carrier, built by Mudbug94.

rb3.jpg

rb2.jpg

-Andy

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Front TrailReady Ranger bumper 1/8" plate, 1/4" subframe with additional 3"s of surface area to accomodate the 3" BL. About 300lbs with the winch. This was of course before the addiction totally took control...

MountedBumper-012.jpg

Rear is homemade (addiction now taking over), 1/8" plate, 4x4x1/8" box tube for air reservoir (that I don't use).

rearbumperpart7003.jpg

Tire carrier was removed because I'm going to pull the bumper to rework it a little when it gets warm. ;)

rearbumperpart7001.jpg

As it is now (the addiction won, I'm forever lost).

pict0138.jpg

where did you buy your front bumper!!! i dont like it......i love it!!

Back