Finally Elite..Skanlaxjmo's elite registry | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Finally Elite..Skanlaxjmo's elite registry

Well...after 2,800 posts i finally forked over 20 bucks. The site has deffenity Saved me more then 20 bucks....byt then again it has made me spend mroe then 20 in mods...:D

But anyway, my name is John i'm and currently doing a year in between High School and College(im actually waitting to hear back form a few schools). So the truck, it started out in 96' when my dad bought it for my mom...and it has come down to me when i turned 16. Form there it was off-roading and looking into lifts that led me to this site. So here's what i have actually done to it so far.

Mods-
-TT(2")
-Shackles
-Optima Red Top
-Cobra Cb Radio(and a magnetic mount antenna)
-Two 10k tow hooks(front)
-Pioneer DEH-1400 Head unit
- Some interior "mood lighting" in the footwells
-4 Baja Dessert Fox light on the roof rack
-Bulbs changed out to 100w
-Running Boards/lower air dam removed
-Fog lights added in the bumper
-Brown Wire mod
-New leather Steering Wheel Cover
-gauge Cluster out of a 98 Mounty( i had to replace my reverse glow gauges):mad:
-Bedlined the Rockers

Stuff i need to Do or am planning in the near future
-front u-joint
-3" Bl
-33's or 32's
-4.10 gears
Wish List
.......sas and 36's....when i learn how to weld and once i find an axle.

Pics. Well i have a few once i get home i will up-load a bunch i have in my Digital camera.
Lights on Roof rack
LIGHTSBLAZING4on.jpg

When i had just two lights on the rack
LIGHTSBLAZING.jpg

Switch location...yeah that was for testing i tucked all the wires(i now have 4 switches right there)
3.jpg

Light off(when i just had the two lights)
outterior.jpg

...i will get some current ones up soon.
Thanks for looking leave me some feedback

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...congrats on joining the elite's...:D

Nice!

Like the light rack... :D that's the factory crossbar? How's the light work from that distance back?

thanks...I love the lights, they are amazing on trails at night, just have them aimed properly and i have had no issues right in front of the truck i just turn my fogs on. It is the factory bar with the lights just bolted to it.

Thank you! And congratulations on becoming Elite!

thanks...I love the lights, they are amazing on trails at night, just have them aimed properly and i have had no issues right in front of the truck i just turn my fogs on. It is the factory bar with the lights just bolted to it.

You just saved me from a four-digit expense. I'm going to do that too, that looks great! :):):):cool:

Congrats on the Eliteness. One of these days I'll be doing the same. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Welcome to the club buddy!

thanks guys.....donner, the hardest part of the lights instillation was where to mount the switch and how to run the wirring. I choose to drill into my roof and then use plumbers putty to fill the gaps so it wouldnt leak. Just make sure you measure twice and drill once(no i didnt make that mistake), i just took my time and it came out pretty well.

Welcome to the Elite Family

and nice explorer to

Excellent location!

thanks guys.....donner, the hardest part of the lights instillation was where to mount the switch and how to run the wirring. I choose to drill into my roof and then use plumbers putty to fill the gaps so it wouldnt leak. Just make sure you measure twice and drill once(no i didnt make that mistake), i just took my time and it came out pretty well.

That's a great place for them... I was thinking about that area, and around the overhead area. Pop open one of those compartments and the switches would be in there (My expense is the labor) A lot of work to get switches in there? All these questions are to celebrate your Elite status ;)

Welcome to being elite, and doesn't that picture under your name just look ever so pretty!;)

hhaha yeah...even though its a little crooked, ill upload a better one when i get home. To mount the switch you drill a half inch(or 1/4) hole and jsut stick it in and thread the cover, it comes out as a very clean install. To make sure its the right size and so i got some confidence befor i did it, i took an old cigar box and drilled a half inch hole in it to see how the final product would look.

i promised when i got home i would put up a new pic......so here is one. I will get some tomorrow tomorrow when it is light out. :D....and i know the light wiring is a little funky its just not tucked down all the way.

Attachments

• IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 8,759

any pictures of the mood lighting.. and help in doing it?

what i ment by mood lighting was little lights under the seats..ill post a pic tomorrow.

well....here is a few more, the little bracket behind the rof lighton the right is for a reverse light not on there right now.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 331
  • IMG_0006.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 311

thanks, ill work on that last pic...my camera ####ed it up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

couple of the interior...(fyi: there are three red switches the picture is jsut a little fuzzy)

Attachments

• IMG_0013.JPG
    IMG_0013.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_0012.jpg
    IMG_0012.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 1,503

Back