What wax is everyone using? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What wax is everyone using?

It looks as if spring is here to stay finally here in WI, so it's time to get out the buffer and get the Explorer all shined up for summer cruisin'.

Just wondering if anyone had a favorite wax/polish/sealant they used.

I planned on buffing mine first with a foam finishing pad and 3M Perfect-it finishing glaze to get out all the swirls the previous detailer buffed into it with their quickie "one step" products, then using Liquid Glass on it. Nicest thing about Liquid Glass is it builds up, so applying a second coat once the first cures actually deepens the gloss and adds protection. Most polishes or waxes will self-clean thru the first coat, so it's pointless to add more.

Black is such a PITA to keep clean and maintained, but it's also one of the most rewarding colors when it's done right. I'm sure if you've ever been to a car show you've seen some of the black cars with an absolutely stunning gloss and depth to their paint. That's my ultimate goal with this vehicle. I want people's jaws to drop when they see it.

Back when I had my Grand Prix, I'd take that to various car shows, and the most frequently asked questions were "Is it supercharged?" (no), and "What kind of wax do you use?" (Liquid Glass). The GP had about six coats of Liquid Glass on it, and before car shows, I'd just wipe it down with some quick detailer.

I'm kind of curious to see what Zaino is all about, but I can't justify the price. I've seen guys at the car shows using Zaino, and honestly, I wasn't impressed. Evidently, neither were the judges, because I usually ended up taking home a 1st or 2nd place trophy. Last show I was at with it I ended up 2nd to a black GP (mine was red) that was absolutely immaculate. They worked on that car every minute they were there the whole night before the show. They had it up on jackstands, and were polishing the undercarriage! They used Meguiar's on it, and it looked great. I wasn't ashamed to take 2nd to that car.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Zaino is the only thing, every winter prep includes a full zaino polish and NXT Gen 2 Tec Wax for added durability but the zaino still out lasts it, that stuff is just amazing.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So just because i have never see zaino before where can i pick some up?

I use this:

oso.jpg

hahaha.......

Back