Possible Big Bear rain, wind, landslides, ponds and rocks run with random pictures? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Possible Big Bear rain, wind, landslides, ponds and rocks run with random pictures?

Hey I'm open on both ends... just means that you have to pick the right line. ;)

Thanks for the compliment, I'm far from having the best ability/skill but I'll keep practicing... :)

So do we want a later start time?

Ritsu - are you gonna try the arctic circle, or just come down and around?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I may end up missing this now. I may have to go pick up our new forklift saturday morning......poo

Hey I'm open on both ends... just means that you have to pick the right line. ;)

Thanks for the compliment, I'm far from having the best ability/skill but I'll keep practicing... :)

So do we want a later start time?

i'll go with majority rule on the start time :cool:

That sucks, all though forklifts can be fun....

Hopefully you'll be able to make it but if not we'll see you at t-haven. :D

BTW, tbars you'll be happy to hear that my new tranny cooler is going in tomorrow.

...hopefully your tranny cooler is going to be put in at a nice toasty garage so everything gets tightened up real good...time to add a temp guage too...;)

...i didn't know you were open on both ends too...my ranger is now standing a little prouder...:D...even though i really would like to throw a locker in the rear before next winter...

Yeah I'd love to get a locker for the rear, just waiting till I finally decide to re-gear...

... next step will hopefully be 34" tires with or without a lift... :eek:

Don't worry the temp guage will be in before T-haven, and I might even have 4lo again. ;)

...did you hit the lotto or what, lol...:p:

Hold on to your hats!!! Forecast for Sat: "Saturday
Rain. Snow level above 8000 feet. Highs 43 to 52. Winds southwest 35 to 45 mph with gusts to 75 mph...becoming 25 to 35 mph with gusts to 60 mph in the afternoon."
If you guys actually go, hat's off to ya. ;)

...this could get real interesting...the heavy rain and snow i knew about...this is the first i heard it was packing wind too...
...boomer, how many people can camp on your dad's floor???:eek:

It shouldn't be that windy on the backside, just in the passes and cayons like Cajon...

... and idk, let me try and give him a call...

...before you call him i'm not wanting to impose...just incase the roads do get closed while we are up there you know...;)

That forecast was for Fawnskin... :dunno:

Arctic Circle was the plan since it's sooo much quicker, but I'll check the CHP/Caltrans logs. If it looks like landslides tomorrow night, I will come around the desert side.

Shouldn't affect arrival time. I'll be ready to go before 7am either way.

Tbars - if it gets to that point we'll figure something out... ;)

RangerX - thanks for the heads up, I was just going off past experience...

Ritsui - :thumbsup:

So since it's looking more and more like a rain, wind , and mud run I'll understand if some no longer wish to go....
but you'll be missing out. :)

Becuase of the predicted weather we'll go ahead and make the start time 9:30 am at the Disco center, and then leaving shortly after. Should still allow for about 6 hrs. of play. Please try not to be late, becuase we'll start without ya, just ask Cyber....:p:

sorry cyber, couldn't help myself...:D

...i thought i would post this link so all could check in...so far all roads are open and it's all dry but overcast down here...

http://www.bigbearroads.com/#

Somebody bring a camera. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...it looks like a carnage run, you should bring your ranger up...:D

Back