15x8 Pro Comp Xtreme Alloy wheels

next on the list is shackles and rear sway bar disconnects
maybe in the future a SAS for the front and a SOA for the rear

100_3589.jpg

100_3591.jpg

100_3592.jpg

100_3594.jpg

100_3598.jpg

and the newest addition for no more getting lost and finding my way back from nowhere lookin for trails
100_3599.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks pretty slick man, how do you like those new Pro Comp tires?

Looking nice. I bought quick disconnects for my Sport Trac, but I've never re-connected the rear sway bar, no need to.
I also have the Warrior front quick disconnects but I didn't like them that much, just a little bit of noise driving around town when it was connected.

so you would just disconnect the sway bar and not worry about the disconnects?
how does your drive? i do alot of daily driving

I leave the front sway bar connected, but not the rear. Just my personal preference. They are both very easy to disconnect anyway when you go wheeling. The only time I notice that the rear isn't connected is when I load up with 4+ people and a bunch of stuff.
It's pretty quick to just disconnect one endlink, I would suggest that. The front endlink is a 16mm and a 15mm wrench, takes only a minute or two.

A couple pictures with the sway bars disconnected, before the shackles. The rear isn't fully flexed but the front is.
flex1.jpg

flex2.jpg

The warrior disconnects
Front connected
disco1.jpg

Rear disconnected
disco2.jpg

My main complaint with these is that it can be difficult to line up both ends and slide both sides together at the same time. I got easily frustrated and found it much easier to re-install the factory front endlinks on my own. The warrior disconnects were also easy with two people.
To give them credit, they are really quick and easy to DISconnect though.

looks real nice

i need to lift mine

cleaned the truck up today, much better pics:

100_3627.jpg

100_3637.jpg

100_3635.jpg

100_3629.jpg

nice sport tracs u got there mbauto and brian they loook awesome keep up the good work

well i went offroading this weekend
and i went through this mud pit 3 times before this happened
while i was out on the trails a truck with 44" boggers tore up this hole and made it a huge one and i didnt know
so on the way back this happens....
sittin on frame, all 4 spinning freely
but he pulled me out and all was good :thumbsup:
get-attachment.aspx.jpg

That looks nice, that will be fun to clean back up. mine looked similar but not as bad, last month after a trip to Windrock. Where is this picture taken?

...mbautodesign, i started a thread on these tires after reading the writeup in offroad adventures and was thinking of getting them instead of my usual bfg a/t's on my ranger, which i am a huge fan of the bfg a/t's...i would really like your input on them ...the link to discuss them is here, thanks...:D
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1822911#post1822911

well i went offroading this weekend
and i went through this mud pit 3 times before this happened
while i was out on the trails a truck with 44" boggers tore up this hole and made it a huge one and i didnt know
so on the way back this happens....
sittin on frame, all 4 spinning freely
but he pulled me out and all was good :thumbsup:
get-attachment.aspx.jpg

a little mud always makes a truck look better...lol

the picture is from around louisville, ky in southern IN
private property of a friend

cleaned the truck up today, much better pics:
100_3629.jpg
Can you tell me where you found the rear window visor at? Everyone I've talked to, including the dealer, can't seem to get them any more, and I'd really like to find one (that back window is one of my favorite ST features).

Oh, and great looking truck. That mud's always fun to play in; not so much to clean up though ;) :D .

Tom

You can buy them at any autoparts store. I got mine from Autozone, but Oreilly, and Advance auto parts sells them to. They just have to order them and it usually takes 1 day.

You can buy them at any autoparts store. I got mine from Autozone, but Oreilly, and Advance auto parts sells them to. They just have to order them and it usually takes 1 day.
Yeah, I tried that and no one can get them (I tried Oreilly's, Autozone, and Advance, as well as Amazon and AutoPartsNetwork). I contacted Lund and they said that they have stopped production on them with no intention to restart, so it looks like my only hope is to find one that's been sitting in a warehouse or find one that's used :( .

Tom

Yeah, I tried that and no one can get them (I tried Oreilly's, Autozone, and Advance, as well as Amazon and AutoPartsNetwork). I contacted Lund and they said that they have stopped production on them with no intention to restart, so it looks like my only hope is to find one that's been sitting in a warehouse or find one that's used :( .

Tom

I just bought one from amazon.com.
It's not the lund brand, it's AVS (auto ventshade)
I think this is it (took some searching around for part numbers)
http://www.amazon.com/Ventshade-Co-..._1?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1199914392&sr=8-1

I just bought one from amazon.com.
It's not the lund brand, it's AVS (auto ventshade)
I think this is it (took some searching around for part numbers)
http://www.amazon.com/Ventshade-Co-..._1?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1199914392&sr=8-1
Did you receive it yet? Lund and AVS are the same company, so when I contacted AVS about it, a lady from Lund responded back to me telling me they didn't make them any more. When I went on Amazon to find one, I found the one you linked to and called the reseller to see if he had any in stock. He told me he just orders them from the manufacturer and doesn't stock anything, so couldn't get me one. He did say he could order it, just as Advance Auto said they could, but both told me the part would be on permanent perpetual back-order. Now this was the beginning of December when I called, so I would love for that to have changed now.

Tom

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

all the ventshades were on the truck when i bought it
fully loaded baby
gotta love that power rear window

Back