key fob issue... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

key fob issue...

dodukes

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 XLT Sport
i posted this in another part of this forum but i think it was in the wrong spot. we got 2 key fobs and tried to program them ourselves. the first time around it worked fine for one key fob, the second wouldnt work so i went into programming mode again to try to do them both again and now none of them work. the car enters programming mode no problem but the key fobs are nt respodning...can anybopdy help? its an 02 ford explorer....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am currently having that problem. I talked to the Ford dealership and they were no help.. bump for us.

thanks for the bump lol.....altho its really no laughing matter, no one can seem to help out. its a very frustrating issue, sorry you are haivng it too....i will post if i figure anything out..........

sorry I am no help (have not hd this problem), but I advise patience - someone may come along that knows the answer, or, better yet, try a search of the site - lots of threads to dig through.

Many of the real experts do not log on daily.

I think I provided a pretty thorough answer where you in your other thread.

Unfortunately, if it won't program per the instructions, it's going to require a trip to a shop that has the proper diagnostic tools. Nobody on the 'net is going to be able to hook it up to a scanner and do the programming for you.

I think I provided a pretty thorough answer where you in your other thread.

Unfortunately, if it won't program per the instructions, it's going to require a trip to a shop that has the proper diagnostic tools. Nobody on the 'net is going to be able to hook it up to a scanner and do the programming for you.

gi joe, but i had posted these almost simultaneasly. thanks for your input, and

yes i did do a lot of researching but like pp said, i think its something that nees to be scanned..thanks

gi joe, but i had posted these almost simultaneasly. thanks for your input, and

yes i did do a lot of researching but like pp said, i think its something that nees to be scanned..thanks

Aaah, then shame-shame, double-shame, everybody knows your name!!

Cross-posting is a no-no, and double-posting is entirely unnecessary. :nono::wavey:

Here is an idea, maybe the batteries are dead or the remotes are too cold (not knowing where you live, its 5 degrees here) to produce a signal. Swap in some new batteries and try again. Although don't hold your breath, my '96 jeep has the original batt and it still works. As gijoecam says most likely you will need to run a diagnostic at the dealer to find out what’s wrong.
I see you only have 8 posts, on a side note I was confused :confused: of what post went where when i just started hanging out on this board, when you get close to gijoecam 5k posts, you’ll get the hang of it.

Here is an idea, maybe the batteries are dead or the remotes are too cold (not knowing where you live, its 5 degrees here) to produce a signal. Swap in some new batteries and try again. Although don't hold your breath, my '96 jeep has the original batt and it still works. As gijoecam says most likely you will need to run a diagnostic at the dealer to find out what’s wrong.
I see you only have 8 posts, on a side note I was confused :confused: of what post went where when i just started hanging out on this board, when you get close to gijoecam 5k posts, you’ll get the hang of it.

thanks jr ford, yes the boards are a bit confusing over here, lol.
but yes we have tried all the basic stuff, like chanign the batteries, i even tried the key fob on my explorer (which works jsut fine) and it did not work on his either so we ar edown to just the scan now, that is up to him tho..lol ive helped as much as i could..lol

Aaah, then shame-shame, double-shame, everybody knows your name!!

Cross-posting is a no-no, and double-posting is entirely unnecessary. :nono::wavey:

Sorry it was a bit confusing at first and then thru searching I found a more appropriate forum so i did it....shame on me..lol....:(

Flip the key fobs over: The part number on the back is not the same, is it?

-Joe

Also, does he have a stick-on keypad programmed too? The RKE job aid mentions that most of the RKE systems will only accept four transmitters... maybe he's already got two others in it?

yes the key fobs are identical....the back and all , including the back of mine fcc number as well. The key fob worked cuz like i said the first time i did it the first key fob programmed but the second didnt and when i went to try it again, they both stopped working.............

and yes he has a key pad onthe door but the module should acept 4 transmitters and we currently dont have any key fobs, ew just use the key or the door pad, so technically when i enter program mode it should erase any transmitter from memory allowing me to enter the 2 i have, i ditrn realize the door key pad would be considered a transmitter for this purpose? is it? it sstil has the same code and we have entered programmins mode at least several time sper day trying to do this....

just wanted to advise that WE GOT IT!!.......i said to my friend on wed, we should try disconnecting the battery for a bit and doint it again. Well this morning he tried it and voila it works....thanks all for your help, fianlly we are good to go....

just wanted to advise that WE GOT IT!!.......i said to my friend on wed, we should try disconnecting the battery for a bit and doint it again. Well this morning he tried it and voila it works....thanks all for your help, fianlly we are good to go....

Good idea. Glad it worked for you.

Back