• Register Today It's free!

info on a sas????

Feonix1123

Reaction score
City, State
Binghamton, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Sport 2D 5-Speed
Hey all i was reading up on some sas on are explore then i got reading and reading and i see that some Taco's are the same as are explores in some shape of form. So here is the question would we be able to use a Taco Supreme Solid Axle Swap Kits To complete are sas on are explores??

well i was just wondering what was the deal on that here is the info i found i'll post it here lets see what everyone else thinks.

Taco Supreme Solid Axle Swap Kits
Being the innovators of the solid axle swap kit for the 86-95 Toyota Trucks and 4Runners, All-Pro Off Road has now developed a solid axle conversion kit for Toyota Tacomas using coil-overs and a 3-link system with a panhard. Our kit's components are designed to work with our Hybrid Dana 60 front axle. If you are using a Diamond Axle, or a Grand Wagoneer Dana 44 front axle it will take additional modification to make work. Please note that we cannot support technical information on anything other than our Dana 60 hybrid axle. This kit is now available! Look for the full feature article on the 'Taco Supreme' in the July '06 issue of Off-Road Magazine.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Our kit's components are designed to work with our Hybrid Dana 60 front axle. If you are using a Diamond Axle, or a Grand Wagoneer Dana 44 front axle it will take additional modification to make work. Please note that we cannot support technical information on anything other than our Dana 60 hybrid axle.

If you're going to use their Dana 60 hybrid axle, sure. Otherwise, you're probably better off getting custom work done, especially if using a Dana 44.

The main problem i see is with their shackle mount, they use a 'through the frame' mount and include a jig to get the sleve through there straight, i can't imagine the 2 frames being the same in that spot so you would have to use your own means to make sure the frame sleve is in the frame straight as i do not believe the jig will work.. I think otherwise it would work but thoes SAS kits are expensive you could spend a fraction of the cost making the parts or ordering the parts yourself through RuffStuff.

Back