• Register Today It's free!

Here is my Daily driver

Free89BroncoII

Reaction score
City, State
Bremerton WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1989 Bronco II
While building my 89 I became very restless and needed to wheel. So here is my daily/wheeler....

1988 Bronco II, this was the day she came home
BroncoII001.jpg

I found a good deal on some stock Sploder wheels and also some Firestone Destination M/T's.... 31x10.5x15
Wheels002.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First thing on the list was convert to on board air....
airchuck.jpg

AirGauge.jpg

Airtank.jpg

Out for a little test drive....
Tahuyastuck.jpg

Mud.jpg

Time for some suspension upgrades.....

Hydro assist......
Assist004.jpg

Assist005.jpg

Assist006.jpg

Skyjacker extended radius arms....
Arms002.jpg

And a D35 swap.....
axle004.jpg

axle006.jpg

axle001.jpg

We went on a trip with the guys from BroncoII.org and had quite a few problems with the coils popping out....we did manage some new body damage

Reiter002.jpg

Reiter006.jpg

Reiter007.jpg

Reiter008.jpg

After getting home I decided to swap out to my Skyjacker 6" coils, spring retainers, and Poly Performance limiting straps

Coils002.jpg

Coils003.jpg

Straps001.jpg

Straps006.jpg

hell yeah

hey did you double up on teh rear bushings on the radius arms? why?
just curious

I see your using eccentric bolts in the drop brackets are those the rough country eccentric cam drop brackets or did you mod them like that?

Looks great your daily BII is nice cant wait to see the 89 on 38's :)

me = jealous

You know, I never noticed that in the pic.... there is actually only one bushing there on the radius arm.

The drop brackets are Tough Country......

I always get those two mixed up Tough and Rough

Did the eccentric bolts get used for alignment?
I see its jsut a rib on the rubber bushing...my bad

Looks so clean, I remember when my radius arms looked like that!

Im not real sure. When I bought the Bronco it had a 4" Rancho lift installed and the eccentric bolt washers were tack welded to the frame. I reused the original bolts and have had it aligned twice now and they never touch them.

Nice rig. Looks like that was a blast wheeling that truck. Hope you got that air tank bolted down? Keep those pics coming.

Nice rig. Looks like that was a blast wheeling that truck. Hope you got that air tank bolted down? Keep those pics coming.

Im heavy with the foot on the right.... the tank is bolted down, trust me

well.... coming back from the dead. Time to get back on the BII. Tomorrow morning im picking up a D44 from a 74EB for $60.00. It needs the knuckles out so Im going to use late 70's so I will have disc brakes in the front. Im going to use adapters in the rear to make the lug pattern match... here are the wheels, Im going to order the KORE weld on beadlock kit

wheels002.jpg

Where did you get those wheels?

60 bucks for the 44 thats great

Good looking bII looking forward to the solid axle

the wheels are the Cragar soft 8's that Summit sells, I think I paid like 45.00 per wheel, they were cheap

What is the back spacing on them? Im needing a new set

I was pretty happy finding the D44 that cheap. It will take a couple of months to piece together all the stuff I want. My plans up front are either Fox air shocks or Sway-A-Way air shocks, Im using the stock radius arms but will be extending them, disc brake swap up front, lockers, and gears front and rear. Im not sure what gears yet.... I drive this back and forth to work but its only about 10 miles each way. Im still running the 2.9 and for now it runs great. For tires I will be running somewhere in the nature of 36's so I need to find out what gears are going to work the best for now.

What is the back spacing on them? Im needing a new set

These have a 4" but I believe they have another set with 3.75. Check they're site, in the search just type in Cragar soft 8, there are a few options there

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back