Northern colorado trail run, Kelly Flatts | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Northern colorado trail run, Kelly Flatts

I got sick of dumping fuel/money/time in it and got a good deal on an '04 Outback. Figured it wasn't worth keeping a vehicle that gets 12-16 mpg to go offroad a few times a year

I know I'll end up missing it but I couldn't justify doing the two cars thing

EDIT: And it needed atleast $1k in body work/parts if I was going to keep it long term (with the I-70 wreck and then front end parts getting old... bushings, joints, CV's, etc)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm still planning on going up for the day. Probably won't stay the night just due to other things I have to get done that weekend. Hokie, you're more than welcome to join me if you like.

I'm still planning on going up for the day. Probably won't stay the night just due to other things I have to get done that weekend. Hokie, you're more than welcome to join me if you like.

Thanks Jeff, I'll take you up on that!

yeah if i'm able to go you can hop in with me too.. i'd actually probably just have you drive lol. wow your pretty mounty is no more! hope somebody reimbursed ya good for it ;-)

well sorry to hear you had to part ways with her, hope youre liking the subie and hope your truck went to a good home.

whos going list added.

Brett, What did you name the Subbie??

Tim

Should be good to go here...

I am in at least for the day, unless something breaks/ happens between now and then. I may stay the night too, just have to see.

horrible no good very bad news. kelly flatts is closed. until late may. so its looking like a kelly flatts fun in early june due to the moab trip, or try this http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=92. looks kinda boring though, but could be some good mudding.... im bummed. nail in the coffin for my week from hell.

Well I'm up for still wheeling that weekend. Maybe some other trails in the area will still be open, and fun to do.

nssj2 said:
horrible no good very bad news. kelly flatts is closed. until late may.

Well atleast I don't feel as bad about selling the Mounty now... I leave for SC in mid May (so I was already missing the Moab run)

Brett, What did you name the Subbie??

Tim

Lesbaru? LoL

Dunno, haven't name it yet. Don't plan on it. As long as it gets good MPG's while i'm taking road/ski trips I'm happy. My search for my next 4x4 has officially begun... (Although I won't be buying anything until after I graduate/move in December)

I've been saying for years that having a Subaru Outback and a '93-'97 Ranger on 33's would fulfill all of my vehicular needs ~ so I'm half way there

Lesbaru.. HAHAHAH

you must be planning on moving down to boulder with that rig ;-) every lesbo, soccer mom and gramma alike drive those. hell, when i was out here for my job interview they sent my rental car up with that.

i must say i did enjoy the ride, not bad at all!!!!! i've been tempted to trade my moped in to get a motorcycle with the way gas has been going these days...... so not a bad idea at all. just make sure you stick around to help me with all my ford auto needs brett ;-)

i'll drive our ***** up to A basin before it closes this year... wait, no you will, gas will be half as cheap then ;-)

<hijack> When does A Basin close? I need to get in at least one more run this year. </hijack>

i'll drive our ***** up to A basin before it closes this year... wait, no you will, gas will be half as cheap then ;-)

See... all of you Front Ranger's will be hitting me up for rides to the ski slopes next year. This summabitch gets almost 30mpg highway with ~7.5-8" of ground clearance and full time AWD to boot.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah... I know... I felt sick all weekend. Keep in mind I offered the truck to you back in January...

Are you going to Ouray this fall?

Back