Pismo Beach '08 Part 1 | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pismo Beach '08 Part 1

...i've been busy with work but it's far enough away time wise which has allowed me to inform my customers that i will be gone that weekend, goin' plum crazy...:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

..i'm hoping we get more people for this run...:D

So it's coming up on the begining of may and some of the other guys are going to corral canyon around the same weekend this is planned so im wondering is this still going on cause I really wanna do this...

Im more than likely going. My front end will be done....The rear will not, so no going to crazy for me.

hope your back end is setup a little. it feels so dissapointing when the front end soaks everything up but your back end bottums out and sends you in nose wheelies in every whoop :(

me, justin, and jim are still in. you know that straight away section by the fence, can you say fourth gear pinned?

hope your back end is setup a little. it feels so dissapointing when the front end soaks everything up but your back end bottums out and sends you in nose wheelies in every whoop :(

me, justin, and jim are still in. you know that straight away section by the fence, can you say fourth gear pinned?

My rear setup sucks ass lol. The front will be nothing special, a basic mid-travel kit with a 2.5" shock stuffed in there. The rear will be built this summer and will be way more full blown than the front.

i dont think mine will soak up anything, but we will see lol

My rear setup sucks ass lol. The front will be nothing special, a basic mid-travel kit with a 2.5" shock stuffed in there. The rear will be built this summer and will be way more full blown than the front.

pfff just mash the skinny peddle! it'll do fine :D

lifeguard im sure your beast will soak up a lot. i've seen froader haul through washes before and takes it like nothin. (oh and by the way, froader would beat me in a race)

That straight away is the best place in pismo i think. And i was in the back seat of Froader's truck when he raced up comp hill, and it was smooth.

...I am glad we will have another good turn out for this...:thumbsup:...i can't wait to get to pismo and relax...:D

where's the 2wd guys? i would figure more dezert built guys would want to come out to pizmo.

so how do the camp sites work there? do we need to reserve spots on no?

where's the 2wd guys? i would figure more dezert built guys would want to come out to pizmo.

looks like im the only one...:D

so how do the camp sites work there? do we need to reserve spots on no?

Yes, it's a good idea to make a reservation. There's a chance that if it's not a busy weekend you wont even need one, but if it is busy then you're really not allowed to camp there, and can get a big fine if you are caught. IIRC, the reservation cost under $20 and you can split it with a few people/trucks.

any idea where i could fint the # to call them?or if they have a website?

(800) 444-7275

we got reservations for the four of us

looks like im the only one...:D

alright, we'll teach you how to drive the whoops. you just gotta get on top and skip across them :D (even though anyone that's been in my car can tell you a suck at driving the whoops :eek: )

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

alright, we'll teach you how to drive the whoops. you just gotta get on top and skip across them :D (even though anyone that's been in my car can tell you a suck at driving the whoops :eek: )

And us 2wheelers gotta stay out of those bowls. :D Or else just make sure you've got a couple extra trucks to pull you out.

Back