mounty71

It's green, not gray.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Oakland, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Mountaineer
Today was awesome, i had a great time on the trails in big bear and the weather was perfect! My explorer was not ready to make the trip so i, along with my roommate, tagged along with RJ. Robert let me drive his Navajo for a while which was really really fun, it was my first time driving actual trails requiring 4wd, and my first time driving a manual offroad. Anyway, i'll post up the pictures we got in a few.

The Navajo being towed
bigbear018.jpg

Robert and Jim
bigbear003.jpg

Some of the attendees playing on some rocks
bigbear010.jpg

bigbear011.jpg

bigbear014.jpg

Robert ready to catch Cyber's truck if it decided to roll
bigbear013.jpg

bigbear015.jpg

bigbear016.jpg

bigbear012.jpg

The only carnage that happened before we left, i'm not sure what happened
bigbear004.jpg

bigbear008.jpg

bigbear006.jpg

Me in the driver seat, Thanks Robbie
bigbear017.jpg

And the view
bigbear005.jpg

bigbear007.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Much fun was had by all. Thanks Boomer and everyone who made it :)

Unfortunately, most of my pictures didn't come out well due to nasty smudges on the lens, but here are a few:

Uploading Pix...im just going to attach the album for now

Let me know if you guys want me to email me any of the pictures directly

DSC05839.jpg

DSC05878.jpg

DSC05698.jpg

...r.j. is going to be bummed again as he missed out on the fun stuff, the rock garden's...i'll post some pics in a few......i didn't get many pics as the trails were so dusty...it was gorgeous and i mean GORGEOUS...

...i decided to stay up here so i could watch the delajoya fight...the town is empty and the trails were pretty empty too...even though i seen 28 jeep cherokee's heading out before i made it to the discovery center...Gas at home when I left $3.73, the cheapest gas up here is $4.05, Gas when i go back home $3.75..

...trails we did were, white mountain, pine valley, east john bull, gold mountain, and it's rock garden's..;)

...we did have dinner at a place with lot's of scenery, and the view was nice too...:D

...some of the group at the discovery center...

...cybergasm's buddy on his first real offroad trip in his z71...:thumbsup:

...r.j. playing on the rocks...

...the trucks at the end of the trail, minus r.j.'s as they left early...

...and i had a bonehead moment, lol...(note the matching white marks)...
...my tow hook got bent as it didn't clear the big rock...:D

Hey TBar, can you email me the first picture in your last post.

Thanks

Had a blast today with all of you guys
Thanks to everyone who made my first offroad adventure with the forum a sucess!

ALSO thanks to Boomer who let me ride along and led the pack

OMG just rolled in from Big Bear whoo am i tired (but what do you expect for 24+ hrs. with no sleep?:D)

Like Mounty71 said the weather was awesome and it was great to be able to get out and wheel again :thumbsup:

Trails were great as always especially had fun on Gold Mtn. since i never had been there before. Thanks Boomer12. Although my friend had reached his limit by the time we were descending off the mountain.:cool:

Speaking of which the White Chevy in Mounty's Pic belongs to my friend Manuel who decided to join us after the many photos i have shown him of our previous runs. He had a good time with us. Even though he suffered the only carnage of the day......A busted heater hose connector :confused::eek:

So After a quick fix he was able to continue on and finish the run without further incident.

Only Carnage i had was a heat shield on the exhaust that broke and rattled the entire day.....ugh how annoying. And oh yea i did not lose my grille it just kept falling out of the cavity cuase i was too lazy to reinstall the screws on top so i just removed it and threw it on back seat for the day.

Got Pics just need to get them develop from the disposable camera i was using and get em up here.

I'm home, and as always had an awesome time!!!:D

Thanks to all that were able to make it, and I look forward to the next time. I only managed a couple of pictures, but I left my camera in the Ex and I'm to lazy to go back out and get it.

We had a really good group, and I must say that the Chevy put up one helluva fight. I think we taught him a thing or two about how we Explorer's roll, although I didn't know that this was his first real trip...:eek:

Glad you had a good time CJ, and your ex was super clean. You did a good job picking that one out.:thumbsup:

...and btw guy's, I think we managed to hook another one...:cool:

...another one, or two...:D

...good morning everyone...i just woke up to a cool, brisk, sunny morning, up in the pine trees...another gorgeous day up in big bear..:eek:

...boomer12, thank you for the choice of trails and the quick pace we ran them at...and to everyone else that was here, what a great group...:thumbsup:...maybe you can talk Kage in to coming out to the next run..:scratch:

...manuel (cyber's buddy), you did great wheeling that big vehicle thru those tight trails and we hope to see you on more run's..:thumbsup:..:thumbsup:

...cjexplorer, i am glad to hear your first trip with us was a blast...(everyone has got to check out his first gen explorer, looks like it came off the showroom floor)...and we hope your dad will make it out the next time and bring the black explorer so we can see it too..

...I forgot to mention, thanks to pcola and fakrwe for driving up and making it on this trip...;)

...it sounds like we will be doing the gold mountain trail again in reverse starting at the rock gardens, sometime after the pismo run...pencil me in for that one too...;)

fun, fun

I had a good time. Sorry Cybergasm I just had to get going. Gold mtn. in reverse, yeah man! Thanks to Harley for keeping the bears away. Boomer, I'll say it again, great job.

I'm definitely looking forward to another trip to big bear in the summer, possibly camping too?

...manuel (cyber's buddy), you did great wheeling that big vehicle thru those tight trails and we hope to see you on more run's..:thumbsup:..:thumbsup:

...it sounds like we will be doing the gold mountain trail again in reverse starting at the rock gardens, sometime after the pismo run...pencil me in for that one too...;)

Yeah you might see my friend again but maybe not the truck for at least for Big Bear. Since he already told me next time he is riding with me.;)

I had a good time. Sorry Cybergasm I just had to get going. Gold mtn. in reverse, yeah man! Thanks to Harley for keeping the bears away. Boomer, I'll say it again, great job.

Yea i am down for Gold Mountain in the future again.

Ya I know Pcola, just made for interesting ride down the mountain to get back to town to finish getting the tires aired back up. But all is good now.

Sorry about bailing on that Rib joint tho but that was alittle too rich for my budget last night. and of course the mexican joint in Lucerne Valley was good as always. My Friend loved that place.

...at least he didn't suffer any damage to his truck...;)

Looks like you guys had a blast:D:chug:

Is that FAKRWEE's rig in the group shot?

...Rick, you folks should try and come out in the summer...it is about 72* up there and there is camping all over the area and really close to town...plenty of trails and a nice change of pace to the summer heat...:D

...rangerX, yes it is and also pcola showed up to represent the ranger's...:D

...cjexplorer, i am glad to hear your first trip with us was a blast...(everyone has got to check out his first gen explorer, looks like it came off the showroom floor)...and we hope your dad will make it out the next time and bring the black explorer so we can see it too..

Heres a Picture of My X next to Boomers X
DSC05880.jpg

And here is the Black X at home
DSC05626.jpg

Also BTW im working on uploading the Videos, They arent working through photobucket so im trying youtube;)

Videos

Finally got the Videos Loaded.
Hope they work:D:thumbsup:

TBar on Poser Rock

Cyber on Poser Rock

TBar in Rock Garden

The Group in Rock Garden

RJ on Poser Rocks 1

RJ on Poser Rocks 2

RJ on Poser Rocks 3

RJ on Poser Rocks 4

RJ on Poser Rocks 5

Cyber and Boomer on Poser Rocks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...you got some really good video's...i already added the 2 of my X to my pics and mod's list..:thumbsup:

...i like the one of the whole group in the rock garden...now we can call PCola, "Rock Crusher"..:p:

...did you show your dad, and now he can't wait to come out with us next time???...:D

Back